News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Huntyville Island, VA News

Started by Hunty2022, April 01, 2024, 08:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunty2022

In honor of one of Poiponen13's ideas that he gave me, I bought a 4x4 mile plot of land water in the Chesapeake Bay, and will call it Huntyville. The island will be exactly 20 miles south of Tangier Island, so I may try to convince VDOT to extend VA-33 and/or VA-183 to my island.

In addition to that, I spent over $1,000,000 on sand, grass, and rocks to actually build the island. Currently, there is caution tape surrounding the 4 mile radius of my island, and Groundbreaking will occur today at 12PM EST.

Here are the districts:
-- Alanland
-- North South Boston
-- Virginia Beach But Better

Mods, feel free to move this to Fictional Highways (or Mid-Atlantic) if you'd like, as this is just an April Fool's joke.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

formulanone

As they say in Huntyville, Happy Groundswell Day!

May the dolphin appear from its cove and stare directly at the sun, to tell us how many more years it has before going through its next nova stage. The squeaks are recoded by a atmostician placing a stone of pitchblende inside a toque and converted to the native language of Scotchlite.

I look forward to clinching some of its Quinary Routes which use beige shields with an orange legend.

Hunty2022

UPDATE:

Groundbreaking went very well. A shark posed a major threat though, but it wasn't a big deal. Twenty feet of land has currently been placed down, with signs for Quinary Route 302XYZ and 388ABC being made in a factory.

Tomorrow, about 5-10% of the land should be placed, with a couple of road ROW being granted.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.