News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What Route(s) Describe You and Why?

Started by kenarmy, April 12, 2021, 12:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenarmy

So this doesn't cause a cluster of threads, any route is accepted  :-D.

US 49: There's always a friend doing better than me. (US 51)
US 6: I can do great sometimes, but there's always greater. (US 20)
I-55: I have scoliosis and just look at 55's routing.
US 85: I get used by others (I-25, US 87) but I don't say anything until it's too late.

ADD TO THIS.

Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

SkyPesos

US 66: I want to be famous only after my death

^^ wouldn't really describe me, but I'm not that great at giving human traits to roads that that's the only one I can think of.

JayhawkCO

My avatar, CO5, because I like to climb 14,000 foot mountains.

Chris

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Ned Weasel

I-99 because I usually feel out of place.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Max Rockatansky

US Route 99 given it seems to be what most people seem to associate me with.  Personally I would probably pick the National Old Trails Road, US Route 66 or Arizona State Route 88.  I would say those are more fitting given I lived in Arizona longer than I have lived anywhere else.

Big John

TheHighwayMan3561

MN 61: People like you, often quite a lot, but there's also an undercurrent of distrust/disconnection that you foster because you struggle to show the people who care that you also care.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Flint1979

SkyPesos

Quote from: Flint1979 on April 13, 2021, 06:52:16 PM
I-75 I'm a pain in the ass
Nice that we both have the same thought for I-75.

Flint1979

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 13, 2021, 06:57:02 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on April 13, 2021, 06:52:16 PM
I-75 I'm a pain in the ass
Nice that we both have the same thought for I-75.
Up here I have more of a distain for US-23. Heavy traffic and only four lanes and should have been widened 20 years ago. But I-75 is a major pain in the ass.

At the end of this month I have to fly to Florida and drive a trailer back to Michigan that should be some fun driving through Atlanta and Cincinnati.

webny99

Surprised no one has mentioned their age yet...

Lives in NY + 21 years old = NY 21

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 02:23:46 PM
NE 2

That's the only route where, every time I see the route number, I think of a forum user. (It's not you, though, obviously.)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:54:30 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned their age yet...

Lives in NY + 21 years old = NY 21

CA 38 is alright but it isn't hyper memorable either, especially being next to CA 18.

SkyPesos

For my age (18)
US 18: I don't really find anything special about that route, but then again, I haven't been on it outside of the Madison Beltline.
OH 18: One of the longest routes in the state, though isn't really important outside of being a major arterial in Akron.

As of now, my favorite state route numbered 18 is Washington's, but someone can introduce me to other ones.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 13, 2021, 08:13:32 PM
For my age (18)
US 18: I don't really find anything special about that route, but then again, I haven't been on it outside of the Madison Beltline.
OH 18: One of the longest routes in the state, though isn't really important outside of being a major arterial in Akron.

As of now, my favorite state route numbered 18 is Washington's, but someone can introduce me to other ones.

CA 18 AKA The Rim of the World Highway. 

Flint1979

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 13, 2021, 08:13:32 PM
For my age (18)

How about M-18? Nothing REAL special about it but it runs in the central part of the state connecting US-10 with M-72 and in between it connects small towns, state and national forests and skirts the Houghton and Higgins Lake area. The northern part of it is kind of scenic.

Flint1979

Back in the day OH-18 use to extend across the entire state being one of the few Ohio state routes to end at a state line on both ends but it doesn't make it to Pennsylvania anymore.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:56:12 PM

NE 2

That's the only route where, every time I see the route number, I think of a forum user. (It's not you, though, obviously.)

Which route?  The one that currently exists, or the one that that user named himself after?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

I-180 (Wyoming)

I sometimes try to be something I'm not.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 13, 2021, 09:30:47 PM
I-180 (Wyoming)

Then you have an existential epiphany, wherein you realize you actually are that something!
Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 09:37:32 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 13, 2021, 09:30:47 PM
I-180 (Wyoming)

Then you have an existential epiphany, wherein you realize you actually are that something!
Well it's more like I want to be something but nobody else actually thinks I'm that something...

But whatever it's fine I don't care.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

SkyPesos

I'll do one for the age I was for the past year
I-17: you're so gifted that you got like 19 credit hours (194/10 rounded down) from AP exams before entering college, unlike a lot of others starting from 0.

^ I wish that was me lol, but it describes a couple of people in my school.

Flint1979

US-23 a mix of everything. Painful freeway, Urban area, scenic lakeshore drive.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2021, 09:26:17 PM
Quote from: webny99 on April 13, 2021, 07:56:12 PM

NE 2

Which route?  The one that currently exists, or the one that that user named himself after?

I was not aware of the one NE-2 named after himself. Where is it?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.