News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Water Parks

Started by roadman65, November 19, 2023, 12:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Does anyone ever visit them?

When I was in my twenties I used to like Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and their winter themed park near Animal Kingdom.  Since then they haven't interested me. Oh yes Adventure Island Tampa I enjoyed when I went there only twice when younger.

I haven't yet tried Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando, though am curious to know how guests get transported from Universal's Main Parking Garage to its location being a long walking distance away.  Plus its main entrance is not that visible from Google Maps.

I don't really know why I lost interest, but I really enjoyed the water slides a lot and just chilling at those wave pools.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Big John

Wisconsin Dells WI advertises that they are the "Waterpark Capital of the World" as they have several water parks.  The best-known one there is Noah's Ark.  I was there a couple times when I was younger and liked it when I was there.

roadman65

Quote from: Big John on November 19, 2023, 12:41:28 PM
Wisconsin Dells WI advertises that they are the "Waterpark Capital of the World" as they have several water parks.  The best-known one there is Noah's Ark.  I was there a couple times when I was younger and liked it when I was there.

I heard Noah's Ark is cool and being it's indoors you can go on water rides in your swimwear while it's snowing outside in mid February.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

I occasionally take my wife's nieces to some of the local water parks in Fresno.  They are okay, but they aren't something I'd ever patronize upon my own accord.

Big John

Quote from: roadman65 on November 19, 2023, 12:52:08 PM

I heard Noah's Ark is cool and being it's indoors you can go on water rides in your swimwear while it's snowing outside in mid February.
That must have changed as it was outdoors when I was there and it is really too large to convert to an indoor park.

Rothman

I used to like water parks until I learned how much feces can be left in the water by 100 kids over the course of an hour...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

It's probably not a good idea for a single male (especially 30s or older) to go alone to water parks, which I don't really know anyone of the few people I know in real life in MSP I would want to go with.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

KCRoadFan

I love waterparks - I go to them all the time! The description in my avatar, which appears in every post I make, says as much.

Anyway, in reply to HighwayMan394's post: I'm a single 30-year-old male myself, and no one has said a word. I'm sure I'm far from the only such person who goes to waterparks on their own, given just how many waterparks there are. As long as your swim trunks don't sag, which would probably draw unwanted attention, then you should be fine.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: Rothman on November 19, 2023, 06:58:05 PM
I used to like water parks until I learned how much feces can be left in the water by 100 kids over the course of an hour...

That's why chlorine and filters exist - by the way, you can have your opinion about waterparks, but I don't care - I'll still visit them regardless!

Rothman

Quote from: KCRoadFan on November 20, 2023, 01:53:47 AM

That's why chlorine and filters exist - by the way, you can have your opinion about waterparks, but I don't care - I'll still visit them regardless!
Chlorine-soaked feces is still feces.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: Rothman on November 20, 2023, 06:58:01 AM

All right, all right, you can have your opinion - I don't care one bit!!!!!! I'll still go to the waterpark a bunch! I absolutely love them, and you can't change my mind about it!

Rothman

Quote from: KCRoadFan on November 20, 2023, 07:09:59 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 20, 2023, 06:58:01 AM

All right, all right, you can have your opinion - I don't care one bit!!!!!! I'll still go to the waterpark a bunch! I absolutely love them, and you can't change my mind about it!

Wasn't ever trying to change your mind.  OP asked about my waterpark attendance.  I just said what it was and explained why.

roadman65

Quote from: Big John on November 19, 2023, 01:13:22 PM

That must have changed as it was outdoors when I was there and it is really too large to convert to an indoor park.

I'm trying to find the ad I once saw it on. However their website shows what you said. It could be another park as The Dells are swamped with them.

Sheryl Crowe

KCRoadFan

Quote from: roadman65 on November 20, 2023, 08:28:57 AM

I'm trying to find the ad I once saw it on. However their website shows what you said. It could be another park as The Dells are swamped with them.

It must be another waterpark. I was at Noah's Ark myself in August 2022 - it is definitely entirely outdoors. (Absolutely loved it, by the way!)

I do concur with the above post - indoor waterparks are great because you can have some summer fun right in the middle of the winter. Here in my metro area, we have some great rec centers with water slides - Lenexa and Olathe among them.

vdeane

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 20, 2023, 01:36:48 AM
It's probably not a good idea for a single male (especially 30s or older) to go alone to water parks, which I don't really know anyone of the few people I know in real life in MSP I would want to go with.
I've found amusement parks/water parks to be more fun with other people anyways.  I've also figured that society considers them more for kids and as such it would be awkward to go at my age.  Then again, maybe more adults go (outside of taking their kids) than I thought, based on these forum posts.  It's been a decade for me and I wouldn't mind going to one again.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JayhawkCO

For me, waterparks are pretty unbearable just due to the screeching of a large amount of kids in one place. I'm aware that, due to me having an almost 2-year-old, that I will have to get over it.

KCRoadFan

Quote from: vdeane on November 20, 2023, 12:42:05 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 20, 2023, 01:36:48 AM
I've found amusement parks/water parks to be more fun with other people anyways.  I've also figured that society considers them more for kids and as such it would be awkward to go at my age.  Then again, maybe more adults go (outside of taking their kids) than I thought, based on these forum posts.  It's been a decade for me and I wouldn't mind going to one again.

Waterparks are definitely NOT a "just for kids" kind of thing - based on my empirical observations. During my many visits to Oceans of Fun, I saw many guys around my age - 20/30-somethings - who appeared to be their either on their own or with a group of friends. No particular demographic has a monopoly on waterparks - the thing that unites waterpark-goers is wanting to cool off on a hot summer day and having lots of fun doing so, regardless of age or any other classification.

(As I type this, it's a 46-degree, rainy night in Kansas City - I love Christmas, but once that's past, I'm ready for waterpark season to return!)

bandit957

Quote from: roadman65 on November 19, 2023, 12:37:17 PM

No.

Every time I visited them back in my day, the water was always freezing cold.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

KCRoadFan

Quote from: bandit957 on November 20, 2023, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on November 19, 2023, 12:37:17 PM

No.

Every time I visited them back in my day, the water was always freezing cold.

Even on the hottest days?

bandit957

Quote from: KCRoadFan on November 20, 2023, 07:49:07 PM
Even on the hottest days?

Yes. And we don't get many hot days.

KCRoadFan

bandit957

triplemultiplex

Quote from: roadman65 on November 20, 2023, 08:28:57 AM

Kalahari, The Wilderness, & Great Wolf Lodge are the big indoor water parks in The Dells.  The Wilderness has the larger advertising campaign as I've seen, so it was likely that one.
Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus are the big outdoor water parks.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

epzik8

I've also been to Typhoon Lagoon as well as Water Country USA in Williamsburg, during a trip that also included Busch Gardens. I know I love me a good waterslide.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Great Lakes Roads

Waterparks are NOT my thing, especially since I hate walking up a lot of steps to get on a waterslide!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.