News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Hello from an old old MTRer

Started by sawblade5, December 01, 2014, 05:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawblade5

Hello I am Chris Knight.
I used to be a very frequent MTR user over 10 years ago, but I have settled down now. I used to have my own version of the Kansas City Highways page and I still have the old files and lots of my old pictures on my computer now.

During my time while in absence from Misc.Transport.Road, I have gotten into other hobbies like Geocaching, Birding (seems natural as I made a few off topic posts on MTR about Red-Tailed Hawks and they're still my most favorite), Foaming (railfaning), Working in an Autoplant (Which wears me out at the end of the shift so I don't have as much time to Road Geek like I used to), Finding the Furry Fandom (and I got my own Red-Tailed Hawk Fursuit called Victor Redtail a picture of him can be seen at: http://t.co/5uYTyoC8zj ), Building Costumes (Yes I can use a sewing machine), and moving to my own place. 

I have been taking a less active approach to Road Geeking like I used to however in recent years I became active in the "Mid-America Roads", "St. Louis Roads", and the "Traffic Signals and Highway Signs" Facebook groups.

I do still live in Kansas City, KS and I am still south of Sawblade (Kansas) Route 5.

I am here because I am wanting information on certain highways I still wonder about. I am also here to contribute when I can.

Thank You
Chris Knight
Still south of Sawblade (Kansas) Route 5, but a little further South now!

adventurernumber1

Nice to meet you, Chris! I hope you enjoy the forum, and greetings from the deep south!  :wave: :biggrin:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

SignGeek101

Alps

Now there's a name I remember! Welcome back!

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

froggie

Slowly but surely, the old MTRers are finding their way here.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: froggie on December 02, 2014, 08:29:51 AM
Slowly but surely, the old MTRers are finding their way here.

I resent that.  I'm just an evolving kind of young. 

Brandon

Long time, no read.  Of course, I was absent from MTR as well for a period before landing here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

I wondered if our new "sawblade" guy wasn't the same person who used to call the Kansas sunflowers sawblades. Guess I was right.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

sawblade5

Yea HB that was me. Actually I picked that up because of where my dad were calling the KS State Route Shield on BGS Sawblades. I noticed the resemblance also and called them that. 
Chris Knight
Still south of Sawblade (Kansas) Route 5, but a little further South now!

US71

Welcome to the (new) funny farm ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.