News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New Arkansas poster!

Started by bjrush, May 31, 2012, 12:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjrush

Hello all, I am excited to join an active road related forum! Currently located in Fayetteville, AR! :cheers:
Woo Pig Sooie

texaskdog

Welcome!  I will enjoy seeing your Hogs beat up a & m this year!

Grzrd

Welcome!  How soon do you expect to see your avatar posted in the field?

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

CentralCAroadgeek

Welcome from the land of button copy!

bugo

This is likely the only Arkansas I-49 shield in existence.  And the only one I expect to see in my lifetime.

bugo

I'm originally from Mena but I'm now in Tulsa.  I get back to Arkansas several times a year. 

I'm a big Hog fan too.  I have a Razorback tattooed on my left arm.  What are your thoughts on the mess that has been the off season?  I'm afraid the distractions are going to get them behind in some games and they'll have to pull one of their famous comebacks to win.

US71

Quote from: bjrush on May 31, 2012, 12:19:22 PM
Hello all, I am excited to join an active road related forum! Currently located in Fayetteville, AR! :cheers:

I'm about 65 miles from you ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

Quote from: Grzrd on May 31, 2012, 02:03:10 PM

A loooong time. I just drove US 71 from Texarkana to Fort Smith a few weeks ago. Can't wait for I-49. Maybe 30 years from now if AR makes I-49 a priority instead of building new Interstates in the dying Arkansas delta?
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on June 01, 2012, 11:19:39 AM
Quote from: Grzrd on May 31, 2012, 02:03:10 PM

A loooong time. I just drove US 71 from Texarkana to Fort Smith a few weeks ago. Can't wait for I-49. Maybe 30 years from now if AR makes I-49 a priority instead of building new Interstates in the dying Arkansas delta?

Arkansas has screwed up priorities.. Central Arkansas gets more attention and more money when other areas need it worse.

bjrush

Central Arkansas sure does get its attention. They are moving pretty quickly on I-40 widening from Conway to LR. Meanwhile, the rest of the state had projects stockpiled waiting for funding. I do support the I-40 widening, but its crazy how fast they move when they actually want to move.

I think Arkansas probably needs to shrink its system overall, IMHO.
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on June 01, 2012, 10:30:58 PM
Central Arkansas sure does get its attention. They are moving pretty quickly on I-40 widening from Conway to LR. Meanwhile, the rest of the state had projects stockpiled waiting for funding. I do support the I-40 widening, but its crazy how fast they move when they actually want to move.

They are also rebuilding part of I-530 north of Pine Bluff, plus the I-40 rebuild near the Cache River.

Grzrd

Quote from: bugo on May 31, 2012, 06:03:22 PM
This is likely the only Arkansas I-49 shield in existence.  And the only one I expect to see in my lifetime.

That is a beautiful shield.  I hope you have a long lifetime and that you are wrong about not seeing one in the field during your life (I'm still hoping that AHTD will sign I-49 from I-30 south to Louisiana in relative near future).

Above said, it would be a great look to have a Texas I-49 shield next to your Arkansas I-49 shield (for your great-grandchildren's lifetimes...)

Arkansastravelguy

Quote from: bugo on May 31, 2012, 06:03:22 PM

Oops. You should come to Fayetteville and see the new signs

iPhone

agentsteel53

there are state-named I-49s in Arkansas?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 30, 2014, 03:02:44 PM
there are state-named I-49s in Arkansas?
No. Bugo had one custom-made a few years back.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.