News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Women's college basketball

Started by Alps, April 01, 2023, 12:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

General thread. Catch-all, like South Carolina and their rebound skills. But the talk of tonight is Caitlin Clark. Player of the year, poised and mature out there - if this was like the NBA, she'd declare after this season and be done. Instead she'll finish college and hopefully go #1 in the draft next year. I'm all Iowa for the finals after watching her singlehandedly drive her team to victory. She's the captain and she gets the rest of the team rolling in rhythm.

Roadgeekteen

Caitlin Clark is so fucking good. Like some of her shots are amazing, she has insane Curry like range, and she's like the most athletic player on the court. She destroyed the defense of the undefeated Gamecocks with the College DPOY. Caitlin Clark is just simply a joy to watch.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ilpt4u

Quote from: Alps on April 01, 2023, 12:57:00 AM
General thread. Catch-all, like South Carolina and their rebound skills. But the talk of tonight is Caitlin Clark. Player of the year, poised and mature out there - if this was like the NBA, she'd declare after this season and be done. Instead she'll finish college and hopefully go #1 in the draft next year. I'm all Iowa for the finals after watching her singlehandedly drive her team to victory. She's the captain and she gets the rest of the team rolling in rhythm.
Without NIL rights she might have jumped to the WNBA this year, but since that restriction is gone for NCAA players, she can market herself and finish up school

And yes, she should be marketable, assuming she is interested in such

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: ilpt4u on April 01, 2023, 12:12:07 PM
Without NIL rights she might have jumped to the WNBA this year, but since that restriction is gone for NCAA players, she can market herself and finish up school

Players are not eligible for the WNBA draft for 4 years, and she's a junior.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kurumi

Her post-game interview is a good watch. Poised, confident, says the right things. A great representative for the sport.

And it's good to see elite teams other than Tennessee and UConn (even though I'm a Husky fan)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ilpt4u

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 01, 2023, 12:49:46 PM
Just read the eligibility rules. Interesting. Also a part of the WNBA CBA

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: ilpt4u on April 01, 2023, 01:55:09 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 01, 2023, 12:49:46 PM
Just read the eligibility rules. Interesting. Also a part of the WNBA CBA
WNBA salaries are so low that Clark might make more off NIL at Iowa.

Roadgeekteen

Fire all of the refs involved in that game

oscar

Nice touch (though the final score sucked) -- in pregame, the U.S. flag was unfurled over the court by winners of yesterday's D2 and D3 women's basketball championships, both held yesterday in the same arena. Those players included some from Kentucky's Transylvania University. Not only the cool bat logo, but the school name reminded me of "Sweet Transvestite" from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack. I also couldn't resist belting out that song (privately, of course) when I spent the night in North Carolina's Transylvania County.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Ted$8roadFan

Congratulations to the LSU Tigers for winning the D1 Women's National Championship.

hbelkins

Quote from: oscar on April 02, 2023, 08:33:27 PM
Nice touch (though the final score sucked) -- in pregame, the U.S. flag was unfurled over the court by winners of yesterday's D2 and D3 women's basketball championships, both held yesterday in the same arena. Those players included some from Kentucky's Transylvania University. Not only the cool bat logo, but the school name reminded me of "Sweet Transvestite" from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack. I also couldn't resist belting out that song (privately, of course) when I spent the night in North Carolina's Transylvania County.

At one time, Transy (as it's called locally) was known as "Kentucky University." It's highly regarded for its academics. It predates the University of Kentucky in Lexington.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DandyDan

Quote from: ilpt4u on April 01, 2023, 12:12:07 PM

For the record, I read her major is marketing.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.