News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Thoughts on the Modesto/Riverbank/Oakdale North County Project?

Started by thsftw, April 24, 2023, 02:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thsftw

https://dot.ca.gov/caltrans-near-me/district-10/district-10-current-projects/state-route-108-north-county-corridor

Not sure if this thing will actually be built fully and I'm also not sure why it couldn't be a full freeway, but it is definitely going to be nice to have a faster way past Oakdale when going to Yosemite from the Bay Area.

Techknow

I agree with you about traveling to Yosemite but during winter time the Big Oak Flat Road portion of CA 120 is closed the typical route to get to Yosemite is to get to Merced and then stay on Highway 140 until its terminus at the park entrance.

Was wondering how this got funded, and there is some answer to this in the last paragraph:

QuoteFunding for this phase of the project is being provided by regional transportation impact fees and the state funding that was once part of the cancelled state Oakdale Bypass project.
I'm curious to know how the funding for the cancelled project didn't get diverted to something else entirely?

sprjus4

Quote from: thsftw on April 24, 2023, 02:11:49 PM
https://dot.ca.gov/caltrans-near-me/district-10/district-10-current-projects/state-route-108-north-county-corridor

Not sure if this thing will actually be built fully and I'm also not sure why it couldn't be a full freeway, but it is definitely going to be nice to have a faster way past Oakdale when going to Yosemite from the Bay Area.
It looks like it would be mostly a freeway with maybe minor at-grade intersection locations.

Quote The North County Corridor Transportation Expressway Authority anticipates that the ultimate facility would be planned as a multi-lane, access-controlled expressway/freeway, with interchanges, at-grade intersections, grade-separated railroad crossings, irrigation district crossings, frontage roads, and local street alignments.

Concrete Bob

Stanislaus County has a sales tax to fund new road construction, and the receipts from the tax will fund a portion of this corridor. 

Plutonic Panda

Looks good but why not build the entire thing as a freeway? They'll be spending a lot of money on it anyways.

Here's phase one:

Plutonic Panda

sprjus4

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on April 27, 2023, 12:15:02 AM
Looks good but why not build the entire thing as a freeway? They'll be spending a lot of money on it anyways.
I'm not sure to be honest... I would hope there is at least provisions in there to close those intersections in the future, especially as traffic volumes increase. A full freeway will eventually be warranted along the entire length, plus extending west to CA-99.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.