News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AZ 74

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 25, 2023, 11:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Put something together for the history of the two iterations of AZ 74:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2023/05/arizona-state-route-74.html

74/171FAN

I was tempted to clinch this in September 2021 when I was in Arizona especially with how close it is to AZ 303 (AKA Loop 303).
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Max Rockatansky

AZ 74 might be in my top ten overall most frequently clinched state highways.  I had to use probably at least a dozen times a month when I was heading to/from work sites in Kingsman, Laughlin, Bullhead City and Las Vegas.  How it is still mostly only two lanes seems bizarre given how heavy traffic can be at times. 

KeithE4Phx

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 27, 2023, 01:06:13 PM
AZ 74 might be in my top ten overall most frequently clinched state highways.  I had to use probably at least a dozen times a month when I was heading to/from work sites in Kingsman, Laughlin, Bullhead City and Las Vegas.  How it is still mostly only two lanes seems bizarre given how heavy traffic can be at times.

I stopped using it to get to US 60 because of the cop-induced bottleneck in both directions at Lake Pleasant (87th Ave?  It's been a few years).  Even the Loop 303/US 60 exit ramp bottleneck is better than that.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: KeithE4Phx on May 27, 2023, 03:33:38 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 27, 2023, 01:06:13 PM

I stopped using it to get to US 60 because of the cop-induced bottleneck in both directions at Lake Pleasant (87th Ave?  It's been a few years).  Even the Loop 303/US 60 exit ramp bottleneck is better than that.

Trouble for me was the bulk of the time I lived in Phoenix AZ 303 wasn't an option given it was just Cotton Lane.  Sometimes I used Bell Road to get from AZ 101 to US 60, but that wasn't exactly fun either. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.