News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

8-Laning I-630

Started by US71, July 04, 2018, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

ARDOT is 8-Laning part of I-630 near the big rock interchange.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

capt.ron

They need to 8 lane I-630 all the way up to Fair Park Blvd. It clogs up at rush hour big time from Fair Park to University. I'm glad that ARDOT is moving forward with the project.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: capt.ron on July 04, 2018, 01:33:18 PM
They need to 8 lane I-630 all the way up to Fair Park Blvd. It clogs up at rush hour big time from Fair Park to University. I'm glad that ARDOT is moving forward with the project.
As of now, the current End of Job is Exit 5-5A University Ave.

iPhone
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

dariusb

Is 630 the busiest freeway in Little Rock?
It's a new day for a new beginning.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: dariusb on July 06, 2018, 06:25:11 PM
I would say yes, but others that live in and around the capitol may say otherwise.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Road Hog

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on July 06, 2018, 07:05:06 PM
I would say yes, but others that live in and around the capitol may say otherwise.
Little Rock proper, yes, it's plenty busy, with the area around I-30 and the Markham/Cantrell mishmash a close second. But to me, in the metro, the busiest of all is the 2-mile stretch between I-30 and future I-57 in NLR. It's 8-lane total but the spaghetti effect of people changing lanes slows traffic down big-time. That's why I want to see dedicated lanes off I-30 going north.

Tom958

Just because I went to the trouble to check it out on Streetview: the part that's being widened is the part at the western end where there's enough room under the overcrossing bridges. From Fair Park Boulevard to Woodrow Street they'd have to replace the bridges (or go with no shoulders whatsoever, which seems unlikely). East of Woodward, though, there's already enough room for four lanes under all the existing bridges, though they'd have to get creative with the last couple of eastbound onramps.

dariusb

Quote from: Road Hog on July 06, 2018, 10:14:06 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on July 06, 2018, 07:05:06 PM
Little Rock proper, yes, it's plenty busy, with the area around I-30 and the Markham/Cantrell mishmash a close second. But to me, in the metro, the busiest of all is the 2-mile stretch between I-30 and future I-57 in NLR. It's 8-lane total but the spaghetti effect of people changing lanes slows traffic down big-time. That's why I want to see dedicated lanes off I-30 going north.
I used to live right off of I-630 in Briarwood Apts back in 1992 and it was none joke then so I can't how much worse it's gotten.
It's a new day for a new beginning.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.