News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Dreams about this forum

Started by Roadgeekteen, January 06, 2024, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Have you guys ever dreamed about this forum? I dreamed last night that Kphoger deleted many of his posts, getting down to 8000. Max Rockatansky took over the top poster but he deleted lots of his posts as well. No clue why I dreamed about this, as I haven't been on this forum as much lately. Have you guys ever dreamed about this forum?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jlam

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jlam on January 06, 2024, 05:58:58 PM
Many people have.
Saw that thread, I was more looking for dreams about the forum itself, not just roads in general. Feel free to merge the threads though if that's appropriate.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 06, 2024, 05:57:11 PM
No clue why I dreamed about this

I do.  It was summed up nicely by |Max Rockatansky| a couple of years ago:

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 21, 2021, 08:19:56 PM
You along with a couple others are completely obsessed with post statistics

It is a problem.  I had suggested a solution a few years earlier, which you didn't like:

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2017, 02:46:12 PM

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2017, 02:40:06 PM
Very little of a real life.

Shouldn't you go outside and play?  Or something.   :D
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Only in a dream would I be ever concerned with post count numbers.  All the same, I cannot recall ever having a dream about the forum.

Rothman

I don't want to know about any of youse's dreams about the forum.  Too many pervs on here.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on January 08, 2024, 10:20:39 AM

It is a problem.  I had suggested a solution a few years earlier, which you didn't like:

[quote snipped]

Was a problem. Not allowing for someone to change/grow/learn from mistakes in 6+ years, especially when those 6 years are during their teens or 20's, is at this point, much more problematic than whatever was going on back in 2017 to begin with.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on January 08, 2024, 09:32:13 PM
Was a problem. Not allowing for someone to change/grow/learn from mistakes in 6+ years, especially when those 6 years are during their teens or 20's, is at this point, much more problematic than whatever was going on back in 2017 to begin with.

Sorry.  That was supposed to be in jest, but obviously that doesn't come across well on the computer.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on January 09, 2024, 12:35:27 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 08, 2024, 09:32:13 PM

Sorry.  That was supposed to be in jest, but obviously that doesn't come across well on the computer.

I figured that it was, at least partially, but it's still a bit of a sticking point for me.  :sombrero:

Roadgeekteen

I still find post counts vaguely interesting but I don't care as much about them as I did back in 2018

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 09, 2024, 03:44:09 PM
I don't care as much about them as I did back in 2018

Your subconscious is hinting otherwise.   :D
Male pronouns, please.

Rothman

People don't change.  Times do.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on January 09, 2024, 10:11:16 PM

If time doesn't change, that means your clock's batteries are dead.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Big John

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2024, 12:01:25 AM

If time doesn't change, that means your clock's batteries are dead.
and if is an analog clock, it is correct twice a day.

webny99

The irony of this mindset is that it's self-fulfilling. We know it's true of you, but that doesn't make it true of anyone else.

WillWeaverRVA

I often have dreams about cruising along on I-366 at 85 mph on the way to Dulles Airport.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on January 11, 2024, 11:36:52 AM

The irony of this mindset is that it's self-fulfilling. We know it's true of you, but that doesn't make it true of anyone else.
How ironic.

Henry

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 11, 2024, 01:01:55 PM
I often have dreams about cruising along on I-366 at 85 mph on the way to Dulles Airport.
For me, it's driving down the Crosstown Expressway (I-494) around the West and South Sides of Chicago.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Flint1979

Hell no why would I dream about this forum? This forum isn't my life and I don't care how many posts I have or don't have here.

Flint1979

Quote from: kphoger on January 08, 2024, 10:20:39 AM

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2017, 02:46:12 PM

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2017, 02:40:06 PM
Very little of a real life.

Shouldn't you go outside and play?  Or something.   :D
Wow that pretty much sums it up. I had never seen that thread before.

Flint1979

This is what I have dreams about regarding roads. I dream about driving down I-75 at 100 mph with no one in my freaking way.

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on January 13, 2024, 09:20:50 AM
Hell no why would I dream about this forum?

Wow, you get to choose what topics you do and do not dream about?  My dreams don't ask permission first.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Part of the larger issue for me is that I rarely even recall much from dreams even if I do have them.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 15, 2024, 01:55:39 PM
Part of the larger issue for me is that I rarely even recall much from dreams even if I do have them.

That's a good clue that you're getting decent sleep.  Dreams are most easily remembered if you woke up during the wrong sleep cycle.
Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

There was this secret room on the forum accessed within the menu after clicking "Help" on Home — Help — Search — Profile etc. where there was this office where a single SMF employee was working and a spacious basement-like room next to it. Almost nobody I told believed it actually existed. This, however, was from a previous dream. This time, there was an event at a specific time (9:30 AM?) in the office room, and I was trying to press various parts of my shirt to teleport to the room, but I couldn't find a way to go to that place again.

There was also someone possibly causing mischief, and we figured out that the person had exactly one post, but we didn't know who it was. I went into the Members tab, sorted first by number of posts and then by total time logged in and took note of the top few names of those with one post who have been logged in the longest. I then posted the list. We never did find the culprit, but my post was removed along with several others in the same conversation.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.