News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-40 expansion in Pulaski County update

Started by msunat97, November 11, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msunat97

AHTD opened a 3rd lane on I-40 WB from the I-430 interchange to the Morgan / Maumelle exit.  This is a new inside lane as part of the I-40 widening project.  That should he the traffic flow heading west in the evening rush.

US71

Quote from: msunat97 on November 11, 2015, 09:45:04 AM
AHTD opened a 3rd lane on I-40 WB from the I-430 interchange to the Morgan / Maumelle exit.  This is a new inside lane as part of the I-40 widening project.  That should he the traffic flow heading west in the evening rush.

EB is a clusterf*ck when you get to 430 with the ramps under construction.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

msunat97

Cluster is an understatement.  We'll have to patient for now.  It's too dark when I leave work to see any real progress on my home each night.

msunat97

The I-430 exit from I-40 EB is now open with 2 lanes.  The I-430 NB to I-40 WB has the bridge deck poured.  The rebar is going up for the barrier.  Slowly making progress.

msunat97

The new lane of the I-430NB to I-40WB is slowly getting ready.  The barrier wall is in place.  The approach guard rail is in place.  Needs paint & the temporary barrier removed.

msunat97

The new lane of the I-430NB to I-40WB is open to traffic.  They need to paint the stripes & remove the orange barrels to open.  The new right hand merge lane is ready.  It has barrels in it now to keep it closed.

msunat97

The I-430NB exit to I-40WB is now open with 2 lanes.  Looks like the new interchange is done minus some touchup & misc work

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.