News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

TxDOT large consultant solicitation

Started by MaxConcrete, April 24, 2016, 11:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxConcrete

TxDOT's solicitation for consultants this month is as large as I ever recall seeing in terms of dollar value

http://www.txdot.gov/business/consultants/architectural-engineering-surveying/advertised-contracts.html

The big contracts are around $368 million, with the smaller contracts (like construction inspection) pushing it to around $400 million. However, solicitations have been slow for the last few months, so there could be some accumulation.

What's interesting is that there is a lot of work for route studies, environmental studies, right-of-way mapping and public involvement. Work is mainly in the DFW, Austin, San Antonio and Houston districts.

However, details are cryptic in these solicitations, so I can't correlate them to any specific projects. I'm thinking that in Houston this could be for the Grand Parkway sections B and C, and possibly right-of-way for I-69 (although I think there is little of ROW work remaining in Houston). In Dallas it could be for Loop 9 south or the Collin County outer loop.

This seems to be a lot of work. Contracts for route studies are what you expect to see for big new corridor studies. So I'm thinking there could be something big and new about to be launched, particularly in Austin - maybe SH 45 west extension (?)

Summary of estimated contract amounts

ID     $Millions        Description
1948      75       Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, El Paso: PS&E for bridges
1955      20       Statewide: Route studies and right-of-way mapping for comprehensive development agreements or design-build
1958      100      Statewide; plans, specifications and estimates
1962      18       Amarillo, Lubbock, Corpus, Fort Worth: Utility engineering, utility adjustments
1960      125      Austin, Dallas, San Antonio: Route studies, environmental studies, permits, schematics, public involvement
1965      30       Houston, Beaumont, Bryan Lufkin: Land surveying and right-of-way maps for ROW acquisition

www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.