News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Interstate 169 Signed?

Started by Interstate 69 Fan, January 30, 2017, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

I understand that in February 2016 Interstate 169 signs were unveiled in Brownsville, Texas. Can anyone confirm that I-169 is fully signed along its routing today?
In other questions, when is I-169 supposed to be fully completed?
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

Alex

Regarding your second question, I based what we have posted on http://www.interstate-guide.com/i-169_tx.html from posts Grzrd makes on the board here. The time table will likely be pushed back, but I am not sure what the original estimate was regarding completion of the three remaining phases.

Toll revenue has not met anticipated projections thus far.

CCRMA to restructure SH 550 financing amid missed revenue forecasts

QuoteThe Cameron County Regional Mobile Authority (CCRMA) came before the Cameron County Commissioners Court Tuesday to request an amendment to the trust agreement for State Highway 550 after revenues from the toll road fell short of projections by as much as 40 percent.
CCRMA Chief Financial Officer Adrian Rincones explained at length the current status of the Rio Grande Valley's first fully-electronic toll road and what the CCRMA was proposing. The construction of SH 550 has been divided into stages, he said, with the first two – the FM 1847 bridge over Parades Line Road, and the Port Spur segment connecting Old Alice Road to Highway 48 – accounting for some $46 million worth of work. At issue currently, however, is the third phase – the Direct Connector segment – and its $50 million price tag.
Originally, the CCRMA planned to fund that section of the highway via a $30 million "˜pass-through' grant from TxDOT, paid out over time, while toll revenues generated by the road would fund the remaining debt and operations and maintenance (O&M) costs, Rincones explained.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: Alex on January 30, 2017, 01:01:17 PM
Regarding your second question, I based what we have posted on http://www.interstate-guide.com/i-169_tx.html from posts Grzrd makes on the board here. The time table will likely be pushed back, but I am not sure what the original estimate was regarding completion of the three remaining phases.

Toll revenue has not met anticipated projections thus far.

CCRMA to restructure SH 550 financing amid missed revenue forecasts

QuoteThe Cameron County Regional Mobile Authority (CCRMA) came before the Cameron County Commissioners Court Tuesday to request an amendment to the trust agreement for State Highway 550 after revenues from the toll road fell short of projections by as much as 40 percent.
CCRMA Chief Financial Officer Adrian Rincones explained at length the current status of the Rio Grande Valley's first fully-electronic toll road and what the CCRMA was proposing. The construction of SH 550 has been divided into stages, he said, with the first two – the FM 1847 bridge over Parades Line Road, and the Port Spur segment connecting Old Alice Road to Highway 48 – accounting for some $46 million worth of work. At issue currently, however, is the third phase – the Direct Connector segment – and its $50 million price tag.
Originally, the CCRMA planned to fund that section of the highway via a $30 million "˜pass-through' grant from TxDOT, paid out over time, while toll revenues generated by the road would fund the remaining debt and operations and maintenance (O&M) costs, Rincones explained.
Thanks!
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.