News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

History of the forum?

Started by PNWRoadgeek, July 29, 2023, 11:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PNWRoadgeek

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 31, 2023, 10:54:42 PM
Quote from: vdeane on July 31, 2023, 08:30:34 PM
Quote from: PNWRoadgeek on July 31, 2023, 01:39:26 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 31, 2023, 01:20:38 PM
Quote from: PNWRoadgeek on July 31, 2023, 12:57:49 PM
But does Alanland have it's own history of creation? All I can think of is the opening post: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7720.0

ALL HAIL ALANLAND!!!!

Simple, if you want to create your own country just sneak it in on some bureaucratic document that nobody will proofread.  If anyone calls you out on it then threaten them with the long arm of the law that is Eureka PD. 

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8114.msg186047#msg186047
The creator thinks Alanland, the country he made, is insulting? Harsh.
To be fair, the one he made is more like this.  The one we know was actually created by Scott while we were all marveling that TheAlan360 inserted a fictional country in the list of the "15 North American countries" for the thread originally titled "North American Interstate System".  The rest, as they say, is history (incidentally, the Perkins Union thread is a romp too).  I assume that this Alanland is unrelated.

In fact, Alanland is in open hostility with Alanland:
QuoteForeign Affairs

Alanland welcomes relations with all micronations. However, we openly declare hostilities towards these nations:

Republic of Alanland(due to plagarism of our great name)

The Alanland in Eureka is under Esperantist Republic of Alanland.

The Alanland in Quindaro is and is not on that wiki, but it is on Quindaropedia, of course.
I've seen Quindaropedia a couple times. Found it satisfying. It's a nice read.
I will clinch the Interstate system someday(hopefully)...

hbelkins

Quote from: Big John on July 31, 2023, 09:08:28 PM
What about the secret war with Nimbya?

There is no secret war with Nimbya.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

PNWRoadgeek

I will clinch the Interstate system someday(hopefully)...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.