Louisiana meet--March 17 & 18, 2018

Started by cjk374, October 19, 2017, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

The MD welcome center was closed when I stopped at Chesapeake House.  I didn't bother stopping in DE.  VA was guarding their maps, so no luck there.  The lady at  the TN welcome center was guarding her maps too.  Unfortunately yesterday wasn't my day, I guess.  I'll be hitting AL, MS and LA tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be luckier.  Scott, I would like IA and MO 😀.  Does being a NJ resident help my case of having poor access to those states?  I can't recall the last time I was in either state.

SSOWorld

Quote from: signalman on March 16, 2018, 03:01:32 AM
The MD welcome center was closed when I stopped at Chesapeake House.  I didn't bother stopping in DE.  VA was guarding their maps, so no luck there.  The lady at  the TN welcome center was guarding her maps too.  Unfortunately yesterday wasn't my day, I guess.  I'll be hitting AL, MS and LA tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be luckier.  Scott, I would like IA and MO 😀.  Does being a NJ resident help my case of having poor access to those states?  I can't recall the last time I was in either state.
For you, it does  :sombrero:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

TheHighwayMan3561

Hopefully we'll have enough MO maps for everybody now. I don't know how many SSO initially got, but I took 13 (plus an additional one for myself).

Unfortunately Kansas only has two welcome centers, and neither of them are anywhere near Kansas City (where I overnighted), so we won't be getting any of those.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

signalman

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 16, 2018, 04:53:37 AM
Quote from: signalman on March 16, 2018, 03:01:32 AM
For you, it does  :sombrero:
Sweet!  I'll give you first crack at a WV map, assuming you're interested

cjk374

I have plenty of LA & MS maps for everyone  (25 each).

Watch the weather driving down today. It is going to be nasty.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

froggie

Reading the past couple days worth of posts, one would wonder if this is a roadmeet or an RMCA meet instead...

cl94

Quote from: froggie on March 16, 2018, 08:40:33 AM
Reading the past couple days worth of posts, one would wonder if this is a roadmeet or an RMCA meet instead...

You should have seen the Delaware meet, then. I probably walked out of there with 20 maps.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

US71

Quote from: froggie on March 16, 2018, 08:40:33 AM

I brought 5 boxes of maps home from the RMCA meet last year.  I'll sell you a random box for $2 plus shipping ;)

Last second update: I have some random AHTD maps from previous years I'm bringing along if anyone is interested.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cjk374

Copies of itinerary made....check.

Maps...check.

Car washed & vacuumed....check.

Chores at home caught up....check.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.

signalman

I'm in Bossier City.  Just checked in to my motel room.  Jess, I waved hi to you when I passed by the Simsboro exit on I-20.  Am I the only one who didn't use I-49 from Texarkana?

jpi

Quote from: signalman on March 16, 2018, 06:52:24 PM
I'm in Bossier City.  Just checked in to my motel room.  Jess, I waved hi to you when I passed by the Simsboro exit on I-20.  Am I the only one who didn't use I-49 from Texarkana?
I haven't yet, that will be in the morning :sombrero: Steph and I are in for the night in Texarkana, see you all around 11 :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

TheHighwayMan3561

I've also arrived in Bossier for tonight. Gonna try to relax a bit; US 71 through Arkansas can take a lot out of you.

oscar

I, too, just checked in to my hotel, this one in west Shreveport. I came in on I-20 from the west, with a side trip to clinch the short and obscure US 175, after spending several days in Texas.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

US71

Also in Bossier City. Had hotel problems but in for the night

cl94

I got to my hotel in El Dorado about an hour ago. Plan to hike Driskill tomorrow morning before the meet, hence why I'm out here.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

US71

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 16, 2018, 09:52:36 PM
I've also arrived in Bossier for tonight. Gonna try to relax a bit; US 71 through Arkansas can take a lot out of you.
Yes, it can. Especially when you get trapped behind a slow truck.

SM-G930V

Brandon

Maybe.  I also took I-49 from Texarkana.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

cl94

Quote from: US71 on March 16, 2018, 10:35:15 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 16, 2018, 09:52:36 PM
Yes, it can. Especially when you get trapped behind a slow truck.
Tell me about it. I did US 71 from AR 23 down to Mena. It was miserable.

cjk374

I will be coming in on I-20 tomorrow.

Sleep well. See y'all tomorrow.

TheHighwayMan3561

I-49 from Texarkana to Shreveport was cool because none of the development has moved in yet. There is not a single establishment of any kind for the entire 60 miles. Hell, the only real sign of inhabited life adjacent to the freeway is a single farm.

SSOWorld

I-40 (Parking Lot) to I-530 to US-79 to US-82 to I-49 (Even circled back to get the northbound only portion) to Bossier City for the night.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cjk374

The day has arrived!!! There is no rain anywhere near here & it is warm out. I'll see y'all in a few hours!

US71

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 16, 2018, 11:50:00 PM
I-49 from Texarkana to Shreveport was cool because none of the development has moved in yet. There is not a single establishment of any kind for the entire 60 miles. Hell, the only real sign of inhabited life adjacent to the freeway is a single farm.
There's one c-store at Mira. It's been open less than 5 years.

SM-G930V

cjk374

Departing the 'boro, heading to da 'port via old 80.

cjk374

Big table set up at Strawn's as you read this. Right next to one of the kitchens. Can't miss the big ugly bald guy sitting at big table with beautiful wife!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.