AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Delivering road content to any device  (Read 1583 times)

usends

• usends.com

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:24:32 PM
    • US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history
Delivering road content to any device
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

These days, web pages need to be responsive (that's geek-speak for pages that auto-adjust to any of the myriad screen sizes for computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.)  It's definitely time for me to re-design usends.com.  But frankly, I am not all that interested in the technical aspects of web page coding, fluid page templates, etc.  I'm simply interested in providing content.  However, one can't disregard the technical side, because content needs to be accessible to anyone (no matter what type of device they use) in order to be useful.

Accordingly, I've just pre-paid for one year's worth of service from The Grid.  When the service becomes available this spring, it will allow publishers to simply upload their content, and it will automatically (and intelligently) optimize the arrangement of the components.  I admit it's somewhat of a risk, but I decided that getting in now (at the $8/month price point) could result in a big payoff over the long-term (since the service will soon cost $25/month).  Unlimited bandwidth and hosting are included in the service.

I figured those of you who also have websites (or are thinking about publishing one) might be interested.  If so, I'd appreciate if you can use this referral link to check it out (full disclosure: I get a kickback, but it'll all go back in to producing and hosting usends.com, which has become quite expensive).  Hope you find it helpful...
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
    • AARoads
Re: Delivering road content to any device
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »

We are working on a redesign of AARoads to be responsive. I hear you on the technical side of things. Its nerve racking to say the least.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.