News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstate 35 Bridge

Started by Voyager, January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Has the new bridge been finished?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

Chris

I guess you mean the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis?

That one opened september 18th, three months ahead of schedule.

wikipedia photo:

Alex

I'm still waiting on a friend up there to send me photos. He says its a beautiful bridge.

Voyager

Wow, that's a really nice bridge! Looks futuristic.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

agentsteel53

whoa, that's badass.

take some photos of the lighting if you can!

the only blue bridge I know of is the US-77 bridge in Sioux City, connecting Nebraska to Iowa.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

The Paseo Bridge in Kansas City (suspension bridge, I-29/35, Missouri River) is also blue.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SimMoonXP

Here is the latest folded map  image of Minneapolis, MN by Rand McNally since printed in September 2007 as shown with I-35W update logo on it.

catofdar

I was told by someone who lives in the area that he had very mixed feelings when he crossed the bridge for the first time.  :-|
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

TheHighwayMan3561

When I crossed the bridge for the first time (two days after it opened), it was almost surreal. When I got onto I-35W North from I-94 East it almost seemed like it took a long time to get to the bridge (which is about a mile NE from I-94). The bridge itself was impressive but I also hope it is a reminder of the tragedy and that nobody forgets.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: catofdar on January 27, 2009, 12:21:00 AM
I was told by someone who lives in the area that he had very mixed feelings when he crossed the bridge for the first time.  :-|

Did you mean me?  :sombrero:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.