News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstate 12

Started by broadhurst04, August 24, 2011, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbnv

Quote from: Anthony_JK on February 18, 2015, 12:37:38 PM
I always wondered if what is now US 190/LA 12 was originally proposed to be I-12 and the proposed Acadian Thruway (via the Sunshine Bridge) would have become I-10 to NOLA. Also, the original plans for what became I-110 would have extended along US 61 south to fill that gap?

The TX 12 / LA 12 / US 190 would have made a very logical US 88. It would have made sense to have a southern route that served Lafayette, Houma/Thibodaux and New Orleans and a northern route that served Baton Rouge and the Northshore. (That's basically what I-49 South will implement.) And had Louisiana had the vision of several other states, both could have been toll roads so that all of the industrial traffic that goes through or ports or just crosses the state would have paid for their upkeep.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

US 41

A late reply, but I think the best way to fix the problem would be to just sign I-12 as I-10 and extend I-57 on to the current I-10 to Baton Rouge.  It would be kind of similar to what is going to happen to I-49.

EDIT: I-59 not 57. Thanks Charles2.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Charles2

Quote from: US 41 on October 29, 2015, 08:29:50 AM
A late reply, but I think the best way to fix the problem would be to just sign I-12 as I-10 and extend I-57 on to the current I-10 to Baton Rouge.  It would be kind of similar to what is going to happen to I-49.

I-57?  Do you mean I-55?

US 41

Quote from: Charles2 on October 30, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: US 41 on October 29, 2015, 08:29:50 AM

I-57?  Do you mean I-55?

I meant I-59. I have no idea why I typed 57.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

lamsalfl

Three creek bridges and a fourth under construction in Livingston Parish have been widened with shoulders and room for the third lane.  This is good news as additional six-laning will only require land to be worked.

jbnv

I commute I-12 every day, why don't I revive this topic from the dead.

Looks like the expansion work at the Satsuma exit has resumed. For the first time in months they're laying asphalt again.

The sign replacement project at the I-55 cloverleaf is almost done. Some of the new signs are riddled with formatting errors. Remind me again how Clearview was the problem?

I noticed on the drive in today that some of the westbound signs for O'Neal Ln. have been replaced. They're noticeably shorter, and noticeably missing a certain odd shape with four digits in it. Looks like the useless state highway on O'Neal Ln. has been deleted, prompting the replacement of the signs. (Though a square green cover panel would have sufficed.)

And finally, Gordon McKernan fans rejoice: At least two of his new self-vandalized billboards are up on eastbound I-12.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.