News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

giant Lego bridge in Germany

Started by Lyon Wonder, August 25, 2012, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

An overpass in Germany has been painted to resemble giant Lego blocks:)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57468669-1/giant-lego-bridge-clicks-in-germany/

Before giant Lego trees and flowers popped up in the Australian Outback, a honking huge Lego bridge made an appearance in Germany.

Late last year, street artist Megx pulled out the primary colors to transform the underside of a bridge into an optical illusion. Clever use of color and shading makes the bridge in Wuppertal look like it's built from an interlocking set of massive Lego bricks.

It took about a month for the mondo makeover and required the use of a lift to elevate the artist up to working height. The result is pretty stunning, judging by the photos. The 250-square meter bridge now looks like something created out of Paul Bunyan's Lego collection.

This is all part of a trend of Legos going through a growth spurt. The Netherlands has a church that looks inspired by Lego blocks. A giant Lego man popped up on a Florida beach last year.

We should probably be preparing for the upcoming Legopocalypse. I, for one, welcome our new Lego overlords.
Lego bridge painting

A look at the Lego bridge optical illusion under construction.

Mr_Northside

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that was friggin' awesome.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

triplemultiplex

I wonder if that gas station in the background is an Octane franchise? :)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Special K

I was in Wuppertal this summer.  I wish I had known about this at the time.

Honestly, who doesn't love oversized construction blocks, especially on a highway?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.