Longest state lines with no interstate crossings

Started by webny99, April 21, 2021, 10:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skluth

Quote from: GaryV on April 22, 2021, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 21, 2021, 11:55:47 PM
An interesting question 3 might be, for each state, what is the longest stretch of state line between crossings? i.e. measuring from one Interstate to the next along that state's boundaries.

Michigan:  Start at I-94 going into IN.  Continue to and up the middle of Lake Michigan, into Green Bay (the bay, not the city), along the MI/WI land border, up around Isle Royale, over to the St Marys River, down Lake Huron through to Lake Erie, around the corner along the Ohio border and end where I-75 crosses the line.

Montana along its northern borders is probably even longer.

No interstate crosses international boundaries. By your logic, the longest stretch of a state boundary without interstates would be Alaska which has a border of over 1500 miles with Canada.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: skluth on April 28, 2021, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: GaryV on April 22, 2021, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 21, 2021, 11:55:47 PM
An interesting question 3 might be, for each state, what is the longest stretch of state line between crossings? i.e. measuring from one Interstate to the next along that state's boundaries.

Michigan:  Start at I-94 going into IN.  Continue to and up the middle of Lake Michigan, into Green Bay (the bay, not the city), along the MI/WI land border, up around Isle Royale, over to the St Marys River, down Lake Huron through to Lake Erie, around the corner along the Ohio border and end where I-75 crosses the line.

Montana along its northern borders is probably even longer.

No interstate crosses international boundaries. By your logic, the longest stretch of a state boundary without interstates would be Alaska which has a border of over 1500 miles with Canada.
If we count nation-states then the Russia-Kazakstan border has no Interstates crossing it. Then again, neither does the US-Canada border so that would win.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.