News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What section of non-highway (non-municipal) have you been on the most?

Started by NWI_Irish96, May 09, 2021, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Because the back roads need some love too.

Has to not be a signed highway, and has to be outside the boundary of any municipality.

For me, it's Plymouth-Goshen Trail between US 6 and IN 19.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

I-55

Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

dlsterner

The most times, or the most miles?

The most times, probably the street that I live on  :bigass:

The most miles, probably the un-numbered section of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (MD 175 and south).

webny99

Might be a bit personal for some folks...

Also, everything in NY is incorporated, so there's not really anything outside the bounds of a municipality.

Max Rockatansky

JoePCool14

Probably Stagecoach Trail from where it splits off of US-20 near Lena up to IL-78. It acts as our own hypotenuse when I'm on my way to and from university.

Quote from: dlsterner on May 09, 2021, 01:23:53 PM

Unless you live outside of any towns, that doesn't count Mr. Big Ass.  :pan:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Flint1979

hotdogPi

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 09, 2021, 02:58:12 PM

Being from Maryland, it's probably outside a town.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

bing101

Lopes rd in Solano county,CA and Lake Herman Rd are the most non highway road/non municipal roads I've been on.

dlsterner

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 09, 2021, 02:58:12 PM
Probably Stagecoach Trail from where it splits off of US-20 near Lena up to IL-78. It acts as our own hypotenuse when I'm on my way to and from university.

I do not live in any town.  Or any kind of incorporated entity.  So it counts Mr. Fry Pan.   :bigass:

Roadgeekteen

Not sure, everywhere in Massachusetts is in a municipality.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 09, 2021, 01:07:39 PM
Because the back roads need some love too.

Has to not be a signed highway, and has to be outside the boundary of any municipality.

For me, it's Plymouth-Goshen Trail between US 6 and IN 19.
You basically disqualified the entire northeast.  Even Maine... stuff like "T3 R13 WELS" is basically a workaround to have unincorporated areas but still classify everything as a part of a town.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeekteen

If it can be in a municipality it's the street I live on.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

andrepoiy

Outside of any municipality?

In Ontario, that would mean travelling to northern Ontario, as all of southern Ontario is pretty much incorporated.

:(

In that case, I guess I have never been on any in that criteria.

sparker

Since I moved back to San Jose in 2012, it's probably a virtual tie between the south reaches of Santa Teresa Blvd. between south San Jose and Morgan Hill, and Vasco Road, at least the Contra Costa County portion (the portion in Alameda County is mostly within the City of Livermore).  When I lived out in Hesperia, it would definitely have to be Summit Valley Road between CA 138 and the south city limits of Hesperia -- the "back way" into town avoiding I-15 over the top of Cajon Pass.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 09, 2021, 05:25:04 PM
You basically disqualified the entire northeast.  Even Maine... stuff like "T3 R13 WELS" is basically a workaround to have unincorporated areas but still classify everything as a part of a town.

OK, then use rural as a substitute for outside of a municipality. Imagine what town/city borders might be in other states.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

1995hoo

The street on which I live. It's owned and maintained by our HOA.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

WillWeaverRVA

Probably Parham Road (only a tiny section of it is VA 73) and Laburnum Avenue in Henrico County.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

OCGuy81

This past year with recreation options being limited due to Covid?  Any number of National Forest Roads in the Willamette, Deschutes, or Umpqua National Forests.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.