News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Running Journals (if anyone else runs)

Started by Hurricane Rex, February 10, 2018, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Rex

Don't know if anyone else here runs but I thought I'd try to start one of these. If not, I'll stop so it doesn't become HurricaneRex's brag fest.

Today's race: 17:48 5k (PR) it was a predict race so I predicted 17:50.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

CNGL-Leudimin

You aren't alone. I also run, and I'm preparing my first half marathon, which will take place in 5 weeks.

However, I prefer to run orienteering courses. A lot of my road clinches in the last few years have come thanks to them.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Max Rockatansky

I sort of do only because I have a Fit Bit and a Garmin Fitness band previous to that.  Certainly worked out documenting somewhere that I really did 52 Half Marathons last year.  I use it for other exercises such as Weight Training and Hiking as well.

Alps

That's damned impressive. I would have to be in good shape to break 22 in a 5k.

Eth

I also had a 5k yesterday. Not quite at that level, but my 23:17 finish is a new best for me.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: Alps on February 11, 2018, 05:30:53 PM
That's damned impressive. I would have to be in good shape to break 22 in a 5k.
Thank you very much

Quote from: Eth on February 11, 2018, 08:10:56 PM
I also had a 5k yesterday. Not quite at that level, but my 23:17 finish is a new best for me.
That is still a pretty good time IMO. It took years of training to get to where I'm at.

EDIT: Glad to hear I'm not alone here.

Running till I die.

CNGL-Leudimin

Yesterday I ran a "hybrid" race, which combined flat off-road and hilly trail sections (it was announced as the later). A 10 mile run with a altutide gain of 500 ft which I completed in 1:45:57. Some mates ran with road runners and thus they got in troubles in the trail section, while I passed through it like a breeze thanks to wearing trail runners. Just four weeks for the half-marathon!
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Max Rockatansky

Did a Half Marathon at 1:36:05 this morning which I thought was decent considering I had to wear all my winter gear given it was below freezing:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/12500502789

Hurricane Rex

Did a 10k on the track this evening. Don't ask why. 36:29 was the time.

Running till I die.

Max Rockatansky

CNGL-Leudimin

Tomorrow starting at 2:00 AM Mountain...

You might get surprised, but I'm from the other side of the pond (some already know this fact, but I believe Hurricane Rex doesn't).

Jmiles32

Also an avid runner and am on my high school's Cross Country and Track team. Yesterday at an Outdoor Track meet, I ran a 2:18 on my leg of a 4x8 relay.  My favorite event however, is the Mile/1600 where my PR is 4:49. My goal is to break 4:40 this year.
Aspiring Transportation Planner at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Max Rockatansky

The best mile I did was 5:16 a couple years back.  I generally don't spend a ton of time doing short runs but 5:30-6:00 pace is still somewhat easy to do, I'd like to do at least one under 5:00 if I can motivate myself to do it.

Incidentally, I did backyard Half Marathon #6 this morning at a 7:19 minute pace:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/12994635421

Eth

I almost never run shorter than about 2.8 miles at a time, and going back through my records it looks like the last time I did one mile or less (outside of injury recovery) was about 5 years ago. So the best mile time I've recorded is a 7:11, set during the 5k I mentioned earlier.

At present, I'm in training for a 10-mile race in North Carolina next month. That will be the 7th state I've raced in (FL, GA (×23), CA, SC (×2), LA, TN). Also a new distance for me, though I've done longer races previously (8 half-marathons, 1 full).

Max Rockatansky

Did my seventh Half Marathon of the year this morning at 7:18 pace:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/13160898817

The last two miles were on a road that doesn't have side walks or really shoulders.  I noticed my heart rate tends to spike on roads like that or if I'm in a major traffic area.

Scott5114

I'm in pretty awful shape, barely able to run for more than one minute at a time, so I do a brisk walk while I'm catching my breath. Thus, since I'm trying to build endurance instead of speed, I go about it the other way: I just log the distance that the treadmill says I've traveled after 30 minutes has elapsed. Right now I can't do much more than 2.12 miles in that time (so averaging about 4.14 mph or a 14:09 pace–as you can tell, I'm walking more than I'm running).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Hurricane Rex

Just got injured and will be out for a few days. Was forced to scratch my 1st 3000m 2 laps in.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Max Rockatansky

Did my 8th Half Marathon of the year on Sunday morning at 7:22 minute pace.  I felt really good which generally translates into my heart rate was low and I was going slightly slower than normal.

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/13561733910

Eth

Quote from: Eth on March 19, 2018, 09:48:39 AM
At present, I'm in training for a 10-mile race in North Carolina next month. That will be the 7th state I've raced in (FL, GA (×23), CA, SC (×2), LA, TN). Also a new distance for me, though I've done longer races previously (8 half-marathons, 1 full).

Finished on Saturday in 1:24:44, an 8:28/mi pace. Amusingly, that's over 20 seconds/mile faster than my best 10k, which is a testament to the effect of weather (it was 43 degrees for this race, versus 76 for that 10k). In fact, I ran a 10-km segment of this race in 51:36, which is three-and-a-half minutes faster than my "official" record.

CNGL-Leudimin

Heck, that sounds like what I have for 5K: My "official" personal best is 27:15, but I'm sure I've done it in 26:something, given I ran a 6K race in 32:07 in January.

I ran my first half-marathon in 2:16:42. Actually I did more of a run-walk from km 12 (about 7.5 miles) onwards as somehow my mind was not up to the level of my legs, but I didn't feel it was lasting forever. As for upcoming races, I've said I'm planning a roadtrip to Navarre, which is precisely to attend a village race. I've expanded that trip from a daytrip to a weekend trip, and I may end up running two races in two days...

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 26, 2018, 04:18:56 PM
Heck, that sounds like what I have for 5K: My "official" personal best is 27:15, but I'm sure I've done it in 26:something, given I ran a 6K race in 32:07 in January.

I ran my first half-marathon in 2:16:42. Actually I did more of a run-walk from km 12 (about 7.5 miles) onwards as somehow my mind was not up to the level of my legs, but I didn't feel it was lasting forever. As for upcoming races, I've said I'm planning a roadtrip to Navarre, which is precisely to attend a village race. I've expanded that trip from a daytrip to a weekend trip, and I may end up running two races in two days...
Seems like a common theme as I PR'd with my 5k time when I did the early March 10k.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Max Rockatansky

7:14 minute pace Half Marathon on Monday, my ninth of the year.  I'm essentially looking at doing on only 20-25 this year:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/13887097053

Hurricane Rex

Finally well enough to run again, still a little risky but its the last meet of my high school career so I have to go for it. After that, 10 more days off minimum. I was going to do a half marathon race for my birthday but I'm no longer going to risk it. Current half PR (happened on a normal run): 87 minutes. Proof is available if requested (I think).

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Max Rockatansky

Hit a cold lull in the weather which brought the temperature below 60F this morning.  I've been holding off on summer morning Half Marathons above 65F since a crappy hospital visit for dehydration in 2015.  I thought 7:23 pace for a Half Marathon was respectable considering I had a sore knee from hiking Vernal Falls in Yosemite yesterday:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14795229184

For reference my max distance I run over 65F is only 10 miles.  I probably could make due at 70 or 75F but it does't seem worth it considering I didn't do a Half Marathon for three summer months last year and still ended up at 52 by December 31st.

abefroman329

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 05, 2018, 04:42:59 AM
I'm in pretty awful shape, barely able to run for more than one minute at a time, so I do a brisk walk while I'm catching my breath. Thus, since I'm trying to build endurance instead of speed, I go about it the other way: I just log the distance that the treadmill says I've traveled after 30 minutes has elapsed. Right now I can't do much more than 2.12 miles in that time (so averaging about 4.14 mph or a 14:09 pace–as you can tell, I'm walking more than I'm running).

The C25K app might be good if you haven't tried it already.  If you're not ready to progress to the next day or week, just repeat the day or week you're on.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.