News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I'm officially off the Jim Harbaugh bandwagon

Started by ce929wax, September 07, 2019, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 10, 2019, 11:49:07 AM

The biggest issue pretty much the entire Big Ten and really any school up north is all the talent is moving away.  The bigger Big Ten schools get a lot of their recruits from sun belt regions but they are fighting a losing battle to conferences in those regions.  This isn't a new problem it's just been getting more pronounced since the 1980s.  Places like Michigan, Ohio and Indiana are nowhere near as attractive to most college kids with options over warmer climates.  The population is shifting away from what many consider more traditional college sports locales.

In the meantime, UK is getting back to some semblance of competitiveness by recruiting the Rust Belt hard, particularly Stoops' NE Ohio home turf. I'm guessing continued Rust Belt recruiting is why UK has agreed to play Toledo at Toledo twice in the next few years.

Quote from: Brandon on September 10, 2019, 02:02:57 PM
Quote from: SP Cook on September 10, 2019, 09:36:12 AM
IMHO,

- It is cute that people still think actual relevant football is played north of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River; or west of the Rockies. 

Other than the semi-professional team called "Alabama", there's not much south of the Ohio River there.

There's a team in South Carolina, that often has Alabama's number in big games, that begs to differ.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Quote from: renegade on September 10, 2019, 12:33:14 PM
Quote from: NE2 on September 10, 2019, 06:56:38 AM
[pic snipped]
That is just over the top.  You are an idiot.
You mean Ohio didn't bring in the National Guard to shoot unarmed students at Kent State?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

OracleUsr

IMHO,

- It is cute that people still think actual relevant football is played north of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River; or west of the Rockies. 

Other than the semi-professional team called "Alabama", there's not much south of the Ohio River there.

44-16 is all I have to say to that GO CLEMSON
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

thspfc

Quote from: OracleUsr on September 11, 2019, 06:43:10 AM
IMHO,

Which year did you start rooting for Clemson? Was it 2015 or 2016?

SP Cook

Since the second of two different northern or far western programs won the national championship, not counting the vacated titles from openly professional USC, which would be Michigan in 1997, 10 different southern teams from four different conferences have won it.  Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Auburn, Florida, Louisiana State, Texas, Miami, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. 

Non-southern football is Ohio State and the History Channel.  Demographics is destiny.

MNHighwayMan

SP Cook

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 11, 2019, 09:48:06 AM
Sensitive much?

I think renegades' comment was spot on.  A habitual and continuously disruptive poster posted a post that was unrelated to the matter being discussed, contained a photographic profanity that would be filtered out if typed normally, was political, arguably inaccurate, and, IMHO, intended to disrupt and call attention to the poster, rather than contribute to the hobby we share and the community we are members of.

Which pretty much sums up 99% of said poster's "contributions". 

Flint1979

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 09, 2019, 09:43:07 PM
I seem to recall everyone bitched during the Lloyd Carr era also...really pretty much with every coach.  One of the things about the Michigan fan base (which I'm a part of) is how much bitching and complaining goes on every year related to the football team.  Yeah the expectations are higher are Michigan, but everyone always seems to wonder why it is one of the most hated fan bases out there...this is why.  It's not like UofM even lost to Army, it's still potentially a long season (granted they need to improve greatly).  It could be worse, Rich Rodriguez could still be around.
Well said

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: SP Cook on September 11, 2019, 10:11:30 AM
a post that was unrelated to the matter being discussed

Not if he doesn't like Ohio. (You do know what the original picture is of, right?)

Also, the phrase "photographic profanity" got a solid chuckle out of me. Thanks for that.

hbelkins

Quote from: thspfc on September 11, 2019, 08:20:57 AM
Quote from: OracleUsr on September 11, 2019, 06:43:10 AM
IMHO,

Which year did you start rooting for Clemson? Was it 2015 or 2016?

I pretty much root for any team that's playing Alabama. I'll even cheer for Tennessee over the Tide.

hbelkins

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 11, 2019, 10:23:48 AM
Quote from: SP Cook on September 11, 2019, 10:11:30 AM
a post that was unrelated to the matter being discussed

Not if he doesn't like Ohio. (You do know what the original picture is of, right?)

Of course he does. And what happened there is irrelevant to college football.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.