News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Cities which need beltways that don't have them

Started by BridgesToIdealism, February 18, 2021, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyPesos

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 01:04:08 AM
NYC's "beltway" is their subway system and commuter trains.
Not sure about NJ transit, Metro North and LIRR, but the subway only have one non-shuttle line that doesn't enter Manhattan, and runs pretty close to the East River, which doesn't count as even part of a beltway imo.

US20IL64

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 21, 2021, 01:06:49 AM
Not sure about NJ transit, Metro North and LIRR, but the subway only have one non-shuttle line that doesn't enter Manhattan, and runs pretty close to the East River, which doesn't count as even part of a beltway imo.

Mainly jokingly meant that transit options are so many, that no need for beltway of Interstate.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 09:42:18 AM

Mainly jokingly meant that transit options are so many, that no need for beltway of Interstate.

Note that when posts on here not contain articles of speech, I read them in a Russian accent, yespyecially when kyontyent of kyomment nyet myaking sense.

I-287 is NYC's beltway.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

HighwayStar

Riding around in other people's filth is not a beltway
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

SkyPesos

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 09:42:18 AM

NYC's trains are mostly radial, with most lines heading to/from Manhattan. Pretty much the opposite of a beltway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.