Regional Boards > Southeast

Huntsville

<< < (48/49) > >>

codyg1985:
It looks like I-565 between I-65 and County Line Rd will be widened to six lanes by making use of the shoulders (and probably making the lanes 11' lanes instead of 12' lanes).

I imagine FHWA won't buy into it unless ALDOT later comes in and does a full rebuild with appropriate shoulders and lane widths.

wriddle082:

--- Quote from: codyg1985 on April 17, 2019, 04:39:48 PM ---It looks like I-565 between I-65 and County Line Rd will be widened to six lanes by making use of the shoulders (and probably making the lanes 11' lanes instead of 12' lanes).

I imagine FHWA won't buy into it unless ALDOT later comes in and does a full rebuild with appropriate shoulders and lane widths.

--- End quote ---

I-24 in Nashville b/w Exit 57 (Haywood Lane) and Exit 59 (Bell Road) was widened from 6 to 8 lanes by resurfacing/restriping from 12 to 11 lanes and going into the already wide right shoulder.  This was done to prevent a potential bottleneck at Bell Road after widening 24 from 4 to 8 lanes all the way to Exit 66 at Smyrna.  TDOT promised they would fix this in the coming years, though they did do a proper widening from 6 to 8 lanes from Haywood to I-440 in the early 00s.

That was 1996.  23 years ago!

Georgia:
GSV car was staying at my hotel in town so new images coming soon

capt.ron:

--- Quote from: codyg1985 on April 17, 2019, 04:39:48 PM ---It looks like I-565 between I-65 and County Line Rd will be widened to six lanes by making use of the shoulders (and probably making the lanes 11' lanes instead of 12' lanes).

--- End quote ---
I hope so. While I'm in favor of the section of I-565 in question to be widened, they need to just bite the bullet and do it right.

codyg1985:
Bumping this topic...

I-565 expansion announced, Highway 72 widening project gets new life

No timeline has been set on when these projects will be funded and when construction will start. The US 72 widening between Providence Main Street and County Line Road has been delayed due to rising cost of ROW acquisition and other factors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version