News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

odditude

Quote from: roadman65 on June 28, 2022, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 28, 2022, 01:42:58 PM
PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT to Begin 5th Street Bridge Removal, Roadway Reconstruction in Philadelphia

What view is the freeway in the head photo looking from?

that's an aerial view of I-95 SB from around Girard Ave (roughly here). on the left is the Ben Franklin Bridge (I-676/US 30). the orange BGSs were some of (if not THE) first APLs on I-95 in PA; they're advance (construction) signage for Exit 22.

roadman65

So this assembly is now gone?

[/url][/url]

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

^I think so based on roadwaywiz's live drive through here last year.

famartin

Quote from: roadman65 on June 29, 2022, 01:15:19 PM

[/url][/url]

Long gone

jeffandnicole

Quote from: roadman65 on June 29, 2022, 01:15:19 PM

[/url][/url]

Per GSV, it was removed between Oct 2014 & Jul 2015.  It was never replaced in this location.

74/171FAN

Tonytone

There is 100% new Signage in the area on 95 SB Ill try to grab some pictures.

They have opened all lanes on NB & SB 95, I have to say they did good on this project especially with the NB Girard exit; that extra wide lane that doesn't end gives you plenty of time to get up to speed & merge.

They also have updated the lights to LED on both sides now.

So far this project has been a success, the only real slowdown in the area is around the Bridge St exit which is currently under heavy construction and around the Cottman Exit which is also under heavy construction to widen it & that is I would say about 50% complete now that the Bridge beams are in for the NB side (SB side is complete).

Also in other news 95 from the Delaware line all the way to Exit 9A/B is or has been repaved in both directions as we speak.

The 95 Project in Chester replacing the Middle barrier wall, repairing bridges, the railroad and repaving are all completed.

This area is really looking good and it was past due maintenance needed for the whole area. The next big project that should really be on the menu for Penndot and the City of Philly should be landscaping, lighting and a welcome sign to Philadelphia by the Airport this would seriously boost the look and first welcome for people coming into the city I'm not sure why this isn't pushed as curb appeal is important.
Promoting Cities since 1998!

74/171FAN

Tonytone

95 SB/NB Looking South.

Tonytone

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Well for those hoping to finish clinching PA 611 during the Philly Meet, the part of Broad St being closed is actually south of where PA 611 ends So you are good.

PennDOT - District 6 News: Broad Street (Route 611) to Close for Local Safety Improvement Project in South Philadelphia

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.