News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Proposed US 412 Upgrade

Started by US71, May 22, 2021, 02:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwaleni

intelati49

Quote from: edwaleni on November 04, 2023, 09:33:20 AM
Thanks, much better!!
For future posterity, I have the file in my archives. If it ever disappears, I can always post it again.

edwaleni

IMHO: Development is going to boom in this area with such easy access to XNA and the city proper. Look for retail development on Robbins and Marchant right after this is built.

MikieTimT

Quote from: edwaleni on November 06, 2023, 10:35:13 AM
IMHO: Development is going to boom in this area with such easy access to XNA and the city proper. Look for retail development on Robbins and Marchant right after this is built.

That's why Springdale snapped up as much as it could along AR-612 a couple of years back.  AR-112 north of US-412 is pretty much solidly within some city limits all the way to its northern terminus, with Rogers jutting between 2 blocks of Cave Springs.  Everything is growing to the west in NWA as that's all it can do with I-49 mostly built up now and Beaver Lake on the east side limiting growth to the east.

triplemultiplex

Based on this, I'm going to start adding an "I-546" to my fictional mapping. ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

intelati49

Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 07, 2023, 01:56:01 PM

Based on this, I'm going to start adding an "I-546" to my fictional mapping. ;)
I'm hoping for I-249 myself. Think bigger

bugo

The airport connector would be an x42 and not an x49, because it won't connect to I-49.

jlam

Quote from: bugo on November 07, 2023, 03:01:42 PM
The airport connector would be an x42 and not an x49, because it won't connect to I-49.
It could if you think bigger.

edwaleni

Quote from: jlam on November 07, 2023, 03:23:41 PM

LOL, only if the road goes all the way to Bella Vista perhaps. How big must one think?

intelati49

Quote from: edwaleni on November 07, 2023, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: jlam on November 07, 2023, 03:23:41 PM

LOL, only if the road goes all the way to Bella Vista perhaps. How big must one think?
BVB to a 62 Bypass (like 412)

The Ghostbuster

I highly doubt that the Airport Access Connector Road to the Northwest Arkansas National Airport will ever have an Interstate designation. It would either have a state highway designation, or no designation at all. I just hope the access road isn't named after Sam Walton.

sprjus4

He's saying I-49 because of a hypothetically northern extension to the I-49 Belle Vista bypass to form a "loop" around Bentonville.

MikieTimT

Quote from: sprjus4 on November 07, 2023, 04:51:41 PM
He's saying I-49 because of a hypothetically northern extension to the I-49 Belle Vista bypass to form a "loop" around Bentonville.

Ah, the old 2011 NWARPC Western Beltway Feasibilty Study that was looking forward to 2030.  Before we know it, that year will be here, but the road won't despite the population growth outstripping the projections.  The access road has never been envisioned to be part of any beltway/bypass of I-49.  It's always been just for airport access.

NWARPC Western Beltway Feasibility Study Pg. 55 of 103

Road Hog

I just looked at the NWA ArcGIS map and I noticed something weird: Not ONE municipality in either Benton or Washington Counties touches an arm of Beaver Lake as shown on the map, and none of them really even come close. What's the deal with that?

intelati49

Quote from: Road Hog on November 10, 2023, 03:02:29 AM
I just looked at the NWA ArcGIS map and I noticed something weird: Not ONE municipality in either Benton or Washington Counties touches an arm of Beaver Lake as shown on the map, and none of them really even come close. What's the deal with that?

1. Prarie creek(?) comes the closest. I believe that is the Corps of Engineers "buffer" land around the lake.

2. Otherwise, Look again.

It gets real hilly real quickly.

You don't have a good continuous route for an "eastern" bypass of 49.

Scott5114

I just had a horrible realization—it is entirely possible that ODOT asked for I-42 because they straight up did not check whether the number was already in use.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

sprjus4

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 14, 2023, 06:24:44 AM
I just had a horrible realization—it is entirely possible that ODOT asked for I-42 because they straight up did not check whether the number was already in use.
I'd believe it!

The Ghostbuster

Another possibility is they didn't care if it was already being used for a US Highway corridor in North Carolina (officially, North Carolina's Interstate 42 is still a future Interstate corridor, but signage for Interstate 42 is likely to be erected in the very near future). Of course, the numbering of the Interstate System does not disallow the usage of Interstates of the same number in different parts of the country, mostly because routes had to be renumbered to eliminate Interstate designations with suffixes.

MikieTimT

Quote from: sprjus4 on November 14, 2023, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 14, 2023, 06:24:44 AM
I'd believe it!

Arkansas confirmed it, so it'd be 2 states whiffing on this one, if true.  Although, it wouldn't be unprecedented for these 2 states to lack diligence on a thing.

Scott5114

I'd believe Arkansas just going along with what ODOT wanted because it was easier not to rock the boat.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

The Ghostbuster

So far, numbering the US 412 corridor as Interstate 42 is preliminary. There have been no official moves yet to give the 412 corridor any official designation. The only document giving the corridor a number is the one forementioned in this thread, and it will be some time before the 412 corridor officially gets a number proposed and picked. Until further notice, North Carolina's future Interstate 42 is the only official one that is being designated.

bugo

I've seen the I-42 number show up in ArDOT documents.

mvak36

I believe the AASHTO meeting happened (or is happening still) this week. I figure I will wait a few weeks before asking them for the route numbering decisions. Although, if anyone wants to contact them before then, please feel free.

Maybe if enough of us ask, they will start posting the decisions on their website again.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

The Ghostbuster

I looked up Interstate 42 on my Bing search engine and the only results that came up were about North Carolina's Interstate 42, not one about the future US 412 Interstate corridor in Oklahoma and Arkansas. While it may appear in Arkansas DOT documents, it is not yet an official designation. I stand by what I posted, although I do respect other posters' opinions.

edwaleni

Quote from: mvak36 on November 15, 2023, 06:14:50 PM
I believe the AASHTO meeting happened (or is happening still) this week. I figure I will wait a few weeks before asking them for the route numbering decisions. Although, if anyone wants to contact them before then, please feel free.

Maybe if enough of us ask, they will start posting the decisions on their website again.

I already emailed them on it.

Also of note, An ArDOT Highway Planner is on the AASHTO Executive Committee.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.