News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Missouri Gov. signs gas tax

Started by edwaleni, July 14, 2021, 04:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: edwaleni on July 16, 2021, 02:07:17 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on July 16, 2021, 01:57:54 PM
Quote from: kalvado on July 16, 2021, 12:41:36 PM
Kansas city imposes a $4-per-day Downtown Arena Fee on rental cars

Yeah. I remembered paying that the one time I rented a car from the airport. Luckily I only had to rent for a day.

I would guess there will be another fee added when the new airport opens.

When autonomous Uber/Lyft vehicles come around, they will undercut these airport rentals in price and the fees will evaporate if not replaced.

Price isn't the only reason someone chooses to rent a car rather than pay someone/something to drive them around. It's nice to be able to just hop in and go instead of waiting for an Uber to show up.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rte66man

Quote from: SP Cook on July 15, 2021, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: edwaleni on July 14, 2021, 04:58:36 PM

All revenue that SB 262 will generate is constitutionally required to be used to maintain roads, bridges, and the overall transportation system.

One of the biggest lies government tells people.  Pick a need or want that most people desire and then claim that the latest tax hike is for that.

Money, of course, is fungible.  When analyzing any tax hike, think of the worst, most counter productive, wrong-headed, and silly thing that level of government does and understand that the tax hike is going to that.

Yess, they will "supplant" by taking already designated highway funds and sending them elsewhere.  OK does that all the time.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.