News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's going on in Central Pennsylvania?

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, October 05, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Somebody on the east coast easily twisted my arm to come from Ohio to his place of residence, in New Jersey, next week.
Instead of cruising I-80 through PA, I've decided to add 2-3 hours to my commute and collect counties that lie inbetween I-80 & the Pa Turnpike.
My tentative route (east of Youngstown) is I-80 east to I-79 south to US 422 east to US 22 east to I-99 north to US 322 east to Pa 35 east to US 11 north to PA 54 north, back to I-80 east.
Anything I should look out for (I doubt I will have time to stop for photography)?
Any better shortcuts (while allowing me to pick up Armstrong, Indiana, Cambria, Blair, Mifflin, Juniata, and Snyder Counties)?

I'll hang up and listen to your responses.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on October 05, 2017, 11:58:59 AM
Somebody on the east coast easily twisted my arm to come from Ohio to his place of residence, in New Jersey, next week.
Instead of cruising I-80 through PA, I've decided to add 2-3 hours to my commute and collect counties that lie inbetween I-80 & the Pa Turnpike.
My tentative route (east of Youngstown) is I-80 east to I-79 south to US 422 east to US 22 east to I-99 north to US 322 east to Pa 35 east to US 11 north to PA 54 north, back to I-80 east.
Anything I should look out for (I doubt I will have time to stop for photography)?
Any better shortcuts (while allowing me to pick up Armstrong, Indiana, Cambria, Blair, Mifflin, Juniata, and Snyder Counties)?

I'll hang up and listen to your responses.

There used to be some button copy on some of the intersecting routes along I-99 in that area, but it may be long gone by now. Of course there's still plenty in Columbus to sate your appetite for button copy, should you have one.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.