News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Things for your home on the road.

Started by roadbean, May 26, 2009, 01:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadbean

HI All, I don't get out much anymore. I spend my travel time helping others find what they need to be comfortable, happy and safe while they are on the road.

With Summer coming on and food storage an issue now would be a good time to consider cooling and portable refrigerators. This stuff is out there and they even have freezers.

Thank You from Roadbean.
Have a good and safe trip wherever your travels take you.

Chris

This sounds a bit like spam, but I'm gonna reply anyway.

I tried a 12 volt refrigerator once... It was okay, until summer came. The 12 volt power was not enough to keep the thing cool, and I ended up having 65 F in my refrigerator at the end of the trip.

roadbean

HI Chris, Thank You for the reply. Sorry about the spammy flavor. (AlpsROADS sez - No you're not.  No more link for you.)

Do you remember the details of your portable refrigerator. Like the brand and, in general, how large it was? What solution did you end up with after the refrigerator didn't work out?
Have a good and safe trip wherever your travels take you.

agentsteel53

Mr. Bean, please give us $16 for us to continue to host your advertisement. 

email shields@aaroads.com for payment information.

Thank you and have a great day!

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

AZDude

I have a 12v cooler in my car that I use on trips.  It works fairly well.  It gets down to about 44 degrees and below.  Also works well when I bring it into my motel room.  But obviously if the ambient temp is like 100 degrees then inside the cooler will only be in the 60's.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.