I-69 project: Can state finish what it started?

Started by rawmustard, August 17, 2009, 10:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawmustard

This is a rather interesting analysis in the Indianapolis Star about the budget for the I-69 project from Evansville to Crane with the portion from Crane northward still unfunded). Even though current bids are coming in under estimates, the paper thinks it will still be overbudget throughout the duration (through 2015).

Article can be found here

codyg1985

What percentage of I-69 between Evansville and Crane are under contract?  I think it will be over-budget if a lot of the work is still yet to be let to contract.

If the rest of the road is to be funded with traditional funds, then how long would it take to build it to Bloomington? Or to Indianapolis?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

leifvanderwall

The Indiana DOT and the other states may want to make I-69 a toll road. Seriously! It's going to be harder and harder to get funding for new roads much less the roads we already have. It's the same thing that's going on with the I-73/ I-74 debacle.

Brandon

I have a lot of doubts we'll see I-69 ever finished to Texas (and even connect the parts of I-74 and extend I-73).  It might be better just to go with more common sense numbers that fit the grid for these instead of having unfinished, and never to be finished, bits and pieces scattered across the country.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

leifvanderwall

I agree. I don't think I-69 should be signed in Mississippi

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.