Regional Boards > Northeast

New York

<< < (1132/1149) > >>

webny99:
Cross-posting this from another thread, regarding the intersection of NY 286 and Five Mile Line Road in Penfield:

--- Quote from: webny99 on October 19, 2021, 10:35:10 AM ---intersection improvements at this intersection are now complete! There's new left turn lanes on all approaches and a southbound right turn lane. Sidewalks, crosswalks, and striping aren't quite finished yet, but functionally it's more or less complete, and it's about time! Now a much smoother experience than the previous shoulder-bumping stop-and-go slugfest.
--- End quote ---

Great Lakes Roads:
https://danburycountry.com/mid-hudson-bridge-will-soon-say-goodbye-to-toll-booths-heres-when/

So, the next bridge to convert to cashless tolling on the New York State Bridge Authority (NYSBA) system will be the Rip-Van Winkle bridge, which is set to go live on November 1st.
After that, the next one to convert to cashless tolling will be the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge, which construction of the toll gantry is underway, and it's expected to go live sometime in December.
The final one to convert to cashless tolling will be the Mid-Hudson Bridge, which is set to go live sometime in March 2022.

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 21, 2021, 02:59:09 PM ---https://danburycountry.com/mid-hudson-bridge-will-soon-say-goodbye-to-toll-booths-heres-when/

So, the next bridge to convert to cashless tolling on the New York State Bridge Authority (NYSBA) system will be the Rip-Van Winkle bridge, which is set to go live on November 1st.
After that, the next one to convert to cashless tolling will be the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge, which construction of the toll gantry is underway, and it's expected to go live sometime in December.
The final one to convert to cashless tolling will be the Mid-Hudson Bridge, which is set to go live sometime in March 2022.

--- End quote ---
Well, it's no Bear Mountain toll booth, but I wouldn't mind if somebody got a pic of that and posted it in Wikimedia Commons.

astralentity:
So is I-86 from the state line to I-81 now officially I-86 the whole length?  I was getting mixed signals today taking I-86 on the way out to Michigan.  I saw some plain I-86 signs, a TO I-86 sign near Vestal, and some only NY 17 signs randomly between Vestal and Waverly.

vdeane:

--- Quote from: astralentity on October 28, 2021, 06:41:51 PM ---So is I-86 from the state line to I-81 now officially I-86 the whole length?  I was getting mixed signals today taking I-86 on the way out to Michigan.  I saw some plain I-86 signs, a TO I-86 sign near Vestal, and some only NY 17 signs randomly between Vestal and Waverly.

--- End quote ---
No.  It's officially I-86 between I-90 and US 220 and I-81 though NY 79.  There's still one project that needs to happen just west of Binghamton before we can have a Grand Unified I-86 (presuming nothing gets designated as a result of the current widening effort before that gets done).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version