Regional Boards > Mountain West

Tucson Freeways

<< < (2/21) > >>

Sonic99:
Tucson is very "anti-Phoenix", and they see freeways and loop systems is trying to turn Tucson into Phoenix. It's more of an arrogance problem, enhanced by the rivalry between ASU and Tucson Community College (aka U of A). I lived there for a time in the late 90's and have met people since then from Tucson, and they really despise Phoenix and anything associated with it.

nexus73:

--- Quote from: Sonic99 on May 13, 2015, 02:46:24 AM ---Tucson is very "anti-Phoenix", and they see freeways and loop systems is trying to turn Tucson into Phoenix. It's more of an arrogance problem, enhanced by the rivalry between ASU and Tucson Community College (aka U of A). I lived there for a time in the late 90's and have met people since then from Tucson, and they really despise Phoenix and anything associated with it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for explaining the rivalry aspects Sonic.  Another one in the west exists in Idaho.  You're either a Boise person or a rest of the state person is what I have heard.  Tucson Community College...LOL!

Rick

Henry:

--- Quote from: nexus73 on May 13, 2015, 10:23:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sonic99 on May 13, 2015, 02:46:24 AM ---Tucson is very "anti-Phoenix", and they see freeways and loop systems is trying to turn Tucson into Phoenix. It's more of an arrogance problem, enhanced by the rivalry between ASU and Tucson Community College (aka U of A). I lived there for a time in the late 90's and have met people since then from Tucson, and they really despise Phoenix and anything associated with it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for explaining the rivalry aspects Sonic.  Another one in the west exists in Idaho.  You're either a Boise person or a rest of the state person is what I have heard.  Tucson Community College...LOL!

Rick

--- End quote ---
I had to laugh at that Tucson Community College statement! I'm told that Seattle and Spokane don't like each other either. And then there are the examples from the bigger states, such as Los Angeles-San Francisco and Dallas-Houston, which are there for more obvious reasons.

Pink Jazz:
One thing that I wonder is that once logo signs are installed on the Tucson area freeways, I wonder if there will be heavy opposition.  There hasn't been much opposition for them in Phoenix (most people that I spoke to in person support them), but I have this feeling that many Tucson area residents (and possibly the City of Tucson government) will be in opposition to them since they might think it clutters up their freeways.  After all, Tucson often tries to do everything the opposite of Phoenix.

NE2:
Tucson will demand the Parclo B4 if they get logo signs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version