News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Utah DOT to widen US 6 between Spanish Fork and Price

Started by Revive 755, October 06, 2009, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

froggie

Meaghan and I took US 6 back in 2005.  Some of those canyon stretches look like pretty tight confines, and I didn't think UDOT would be able to upgrade them without "taking down the mountain".  But it looks like they plan to do just that...

Sykotyk

Only tight spot is near Price (there's some mining-like operation on the north side of the road. but, if they're willing to skim down on shoulders in that spot, four lanes should fit fine without any additional work. They've slowly been working on it since I first drove it back in 2005 (as well). What will be nice is if they finish it with a nice interchange at I-15.

Sykotyk

Rover_0

Well, I've heard plans to make US-6/191 from I-70 to at least Price 4-lane, divided.  Add in the Price bypass and you might be able to make US-6 all freeway (or something awfully close) to I-15.  Maybe this I-72 in Utah isn't so far off, after all.

I do agree, however, that Spanish Fork Canyon and Price Canyon would be the toughest parts to build a freeway through, and may be a while off.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.