Regional Boards > Northwest

Washington

<< < (214/216) > >>

Bruce:

--- Quote from: kkt on October 05, 2021, 12:52:41 AM ---Is that when Campus Parkway was built?  It does make a quicker connection from Roosevelt to 15th Ave. than most other streets, with fewer intersections, and it does have an underpass to get to the southbound side of Roosevelt.

--- End quote ---

Looks like you're right. Campus Parkway opened in 1950 with state money. Apparently it had been first brought up by Sen. Robert McDonald in 1939 and took until 1945 to be passed.

Source: Nelson, Stub (September 29, 1949). "Officials Explain New Parkway Is 'Approach'". Seattle Post-Intelligencer, p. 8.

jakeroot:
Saw a very high toll on southbound 167 just before Ellingson today. Not sure I've ever seen the toll this high this far south:

WA-167 $8 HOT Lane Toll by Jacob Root, on Flickr

(And no, your eyes are not deceiving you. It definitely looks like a painting of sorts. I mucked up the anti-noise setting but did not notice until after upload.)

Thunderbyrd316:
   I have been meaning to post this for the past three weeks but every time I make it to the library, I forget to. On Sat., Oct. 9 I drove up to Walla Walla for Crashmania and while I saw no evidence of any work on the west end yet, They appear to have made great progress on the newest segment of the US 12 expressway on the east end of the project where the temporary connection to the old highway connects the newest completed expressway segment. (To be fair, I could not see just how far back the impressive amount of progress actually extended as the rolling landscape impeded my long distance view.)

From looking at the WSDOT website, it looks as though the segment bypassing Touchet and Lowden (officially named as the "Nine Mile Hill to Frenchtown Vicinity" segment and also known as "Phase 7" of the project to connect the Tri-Cities with Walla Walla with a modern super highway) will be constructed to full freeway standards. (Click on the pdf link at this page to see why I say that. Link: https://wsdot.wa.gov/projects/us12/ninemilehilltofrenchtown/map )When completed only "Phase 8" will remain incomplete, the bypass of Wallula and the junction with US 730.

I am hopeful that at some point in the future, possibly not until the entire project is complete, that perhaps a speed limit higher than 60 mph could be posted on this highway, at least east of Wallula. (I am also surprised that I have not seen anyone else comment on this project on the forum. I have been eagerly awaiting this project since the mid 1980's and what has been completed so far is generally very decent.)

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Thunderbyrd316 on October 30, 2021, 04:05:20 PM ---I am also surprised that I have not seen anyone else comment on this project on the forum. I have been eagerly awaiting this project since the mid 1980's and what has been completed so far is generally very decent.

--- End quote ---

We brought it up a few months ago: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18003.msg2593282;topicseen#msg2593282

Bruce:
Starting next week, WSDOT will have a new website.

https://wsdotblog.blogspot.com/2021/11/new-wsdot-website-goes-live-nov-7.html

Start archiving those links with the Wayback Machine, since I assume they'll be broken in no time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version