Regional Boards > Central States

Expanded Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas toll transponder interoperability now here!

<< < (4/15) > >>

Bobby5280:
According to the Pike Pass FAQ the OTA transponders now work on Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority roads in the Austin area. That includes TX-183A. The toll roads in Austin vary between under CTRMA or TxDOT (and its TxTag). It drives me nuts how many toll road agencies operate in Texas. OTA is slowly getting interoperability agreements made in Texas. Pike Pass works on Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority Roads in Houston, but still not the Harris County Toll Road Authority roads. Pike Pass is still not interoperable with TxTag.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 01, 2019, 12:02:57 AM ---OTA transponders now work on Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority roads in the Austin area.

--- End quote ---

Are there toll roads in the Austin area that are under other authorities, on which Pikepass will not work?

US 81:

--- Quote from: kphoger on April 01, 2019, 01:45:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 01, 2019, 12:02:57 AM ---OTA transponders now work on Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority roads in the Austin area.

--- End quote ---

Are there toll roads in the Austin area that are under other authorities, on which Pikepass will not work?

--- End quote ---

Yes. CTRMA = US 183A & US 290 (both of which have crowded traffic-light-strewn non-tolled street alternatives). TXDoT = TX 45 & TX 130. (discontinuous access/frontage roads, ie, no obvious free parallel roads) Both authorities have other Austin-area toll road projects in varying states of construction.

A quick glance at the TXDoT tollroad website says Pikepass is not yet compatible.

J N Winkler:

--- Quote from: kphoger on April 01, 2019, 01:45:17 PM ---Are there toll roads in the Austin area that are under other authorities, on which Pikepass will not work?
--- End quote ---

Frankly, I'd just close the PikePass account and get a K-Tag, since the latter works with everything in Texas.  OTA is a signatory to the interoperability agreement but for some reason they are not implementing it.

bmorrill:
Back about 10 years ago, I had both a TxTag account and a PikePass as I mainly used the Oklahoma turnpike system and the one in Austin. When NTTA and OTA became reciprocal, I cancelled both accounts and set up a TollTag account with NTTA and use it for all of the Texas turnpikes, the OTA pikes, and I think I can use it in Kansas too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version