Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-57 Approved

<< < (3/155) > >>

triplemultiplex:
At this point, the question is which MO-AR connection will get done first; I-49 or I-57.
(AR-MO?  Nah, I like "MO-AR" better; much funnier.)

TheArkansasRoadgeek:

--- Quote from: Henry on October 17, 2017, 09:16:53 AM ---Now the guessing game can begin as to which one will be completed first: I-57 in MO or I-87 in VA.

--- End quote ---
What about the map that shows Missouri's I-57 (currently ending) at whatever road that is. (The map I am speaking of is in some thread in Mid-South) In that case, does that mean that I57 is (or has) making/made progress in Missouri and we are just waiting for Arkansas to get going?

The Ghostbuster:
Interstate 57 in Arkansas: IT LIVES! I'm sure 57 will be completed before 87 in NC/VA. As for 49 vs. 57, a lot more of future 57 has been constructed than future 49, plus it is quite a bit shorter, so I'd say 57 will be done sooner than 49.

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 17, 2017, 05:10:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Henry on October 17, 2017, 09:16:53 AM ---Now the guessing game can begin as to which one will be completed first: I-57 in MO or I-87 in VA.

--- End quote ---
What about the map that shows Missouri's I-57 (currently ending) at whatever road that is. (The map I am speaking of is in some thread in Mid-South) In that case, does that mean that I57 is (or has) making/made progress in Missouri and we are just waiting for Arkansas to get going?
--- End quote ---

There has not been much if any progress for upgrading US 60 between I-55 and US 67, or US 67 from US 60 to the Arkansas border to a freeway.  AFAIK there's been more progress bringing US 61 up to a freeway north of I-70 to Troy.

Unless there is a big political push to finish the corridor or the locals decided to significantly chip in, the most I see is Missouri doing is four-laning the rest of US 67 down to the border and calling it good.  Even if Missouri does get more funding overall, a good amount of that is likely to go towards rebuilding I-70 and I-44 across the state IMHO.

NE2:
Why did Missouri decide to upgrade US 71 to I-49? Was there dedicated funding?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version