Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-57 Approved

<< < (2/155) > >>

mvak36:
I don't know if they should be allowed to sign it yet. Missouri hasn't even shown any interest in building their portion, AFAIK.

ilpt4u:

--- Quote from: mvak36 on October 16, 2017, 01:05:09 PM ---I don't know if they should be allowed to sign it yet. Missouri hasn't even shown any interest in building their portion, AFAIK.

--- End quote ---
Signing it may be the nudge needed to get US 60 from Sikeston to Poplar Bluff upgraded to Freeway/Interstate, which IMHO should be the "easy" part for MO. Its already a partially limited divided expressway, with plenty of ROW for frontage roads to go full limited access

After that upgrade, MO and AR can work together, getting the Poplar Bluff to Walnut Ridge road built, which, I would think, will end up new terrain more than an existing US 67 upgrade, and thus, the more expensive part of the project

capt.ron:

--- Quote from: abqtraveler on October 16, 2017, 01:33:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on October 15, 2017, 03:28:25 PM ---Only if FHWA approves.

--- End quote ---

The section through Jacksonville still needs to be brought up to interstate standards before US-67 can be designated as I-57. The first phase to reconstruct the Jacksonville section is underway, but IIRC, ArDOT is still trying to cobble together about $70 million to pay for the second phase project.

--- End quote ---
It's controlled access but fraught with dinky on-off ramps. Phase III (from the air force base exit south to Main St.) will take the longest to complete due to tight ROW.

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: capt.ron on October 16, 2017, 02:18:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: abqtraveler on October 16, 2017, 01:33:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on October 15, 2017, 03:28:25 PM ---Only if FHWA approves.

--- End quote ---

The section through Jacksonville still needs to be brought up to interstate standards before US-67 can be designated as I-57. The first phase to reconstruct the Jacksonville section is underway, but IIRC, ArDOT is still trying to cobble together about $70 million to pay for the second phase project.

--- End quote ---
It's controlled access but fraught with dinky on-off ramps. Phase III (from the air force base exit south to Main St.) will take the longest to complete due to tight ROW.

--- End quote ---

There is a lot of development right up to the highway between Main Street and Little Rock AFB. A lot of businesses would have to move to accommodate reconstructing US-67 Phase III.

Henry:
Now the guessing game can begin as to which one will be completed first: I-57 in MO or I-87 in VA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version