News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Autoroute 85 Status?

Started by ghYHZ, December 16, 2012, 09:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Massachusetts may have a bad driver stereotype, but they don't have bad drivers any more than other states do. The crash rate is low compared to other states, and roads have slightly higher hourly capacity here than they do in much of the US. New England is the only part of the US without slow left lane hogs.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

cbeach40

Quote from: Brandon on November 26, 2023, 09:34:50 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 25, 2023, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: cbeach40 on October 16, 2023, 10:50:01 AM
Quote from: Henry on October 10, 2023, 10:22:04 PM
When this is completed, the Trans-Canada Highway will have its longest continuous freeway section, going from west of Ottawa to the middle of Nova Scotia, spamming four provinces in the process. American tourists should feel right at home driving on it :cheers:

Until the typical milquetoast American driver enters a driving environment full of rampaging Québécois maniacs. Tears will be shed.  :-D

At least Québécois drivers don't have an entire bad driving stereotype named after them. Am I right, Massachusetts?

Illinois has entered the chat: FIB, FIP, FISH.

Illinois has bad drivers?
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Illinois enters the chat then is immediately sent out for being a pretender.

Quote from: cbeach40 on February 28, 2018, 04:53:52 PM

Quote from: jakeroot on February 28, 2018, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on February 28, 2018, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on February 28, 2018, 02:16:33 PM
Besides, I've been to Chicago. They're not that bad. Maybe they can't merge, but otherwise they're pretty good.

:rofl:

(emphasis added)

Fine. Can someone explain to me, why the fuck Chicago drivers are so bad? I guarantee you none of the issues are exclusive to Chicago (or even a combination thereof).

They aren't. Collision rates are fairly typical for a city that size, and saturation flow rate is comparable to similar centres so driver behaviour is standard. There's nothing empirical to it.

If anything, Chicago drivers are rather unremarkable one way or another.

and waterrrrrrr!

vdeane

I feel like a lot of people who complain about "bad drivers" really mean that the "bad drivers" are more aggressive than the complainer would prefer.  That's certainly the case with NYC.  Maybe Boston too, though I'll note that I-95 between Providence and Boston is the only place a passenger car ran me off the road.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

Quote from: 1 on November 26, 2023, 09:56:18 AM
New England is the only part of the US without slow left lane hogs.

I'd dispute this.

Richard3

Bad drivers?

"- I don't drive bad, I avoid potholes!", said a Quebec driver.

:-D :-D :-D
- How many people are working in here?
- About 20%.

- What Quebec highways and Montreal Canadiens have in common?
- Rebuilding.

States/provinces/territories I didn't went in: AB, AK, AL, BC, HI, KS, LA, MB, MN, MS, MT, ND, NL, NT, NU, RI, SD, SK, WA, WI, YT.  Well, I still have some job to do!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.