News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Northside

Also - since you said tomorrow, yesterday, that's probably too late to be of any use anyway.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

74/171FAN

Actually I think that PA 31 is more comfortable for me to drive at night than US 30.  (mainly because US 30 is super-curvy between PA 711 and US 219)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

PA 31 is far superior to US 30.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Bitmapped

MASTERNC

Still amazing they're going to take more than 5 years to start removing toll plazas

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 10, 2021, 06:13:05 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 27, 2020, 02:06:52 PM
From PennDOT District 8: Traffic to be Switched to New Ramp from Mount Rose Avenue to I-83 NB in Springettsbury Township, York County

Well the I-83/PA 124 interchange should be completed eventually.

Update from District 8 on this project: Traffic Switch, Lane Restrictions Scheduled at I-83/Mount Rose Avenue, in Springettsbury Township, York County

Well driving through the area on I-83 this afternoon, I did not see any work zone signs or any indication of a work zone at all.  Maybe this project is now complete.

74/171FAN

(For US 62)  PennDOT - District 1 News: Weight Limit Posted on Route 62 Bridge in Warren County

Since work is planned in 2022, I see no reason to add the latest alternate truck route to Travel Mapping.   :clap:

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 6 News: Street Road Bridge Over Leech Run Closed Indefinitely in Lower Oxford Township

QuoteThe Street Road bridge over Leach was built in 1924. The single-span, reinforced concrete T-beam bridge is 39 feet long, 18 feet wide and carries approximately 325 vehicles a day. The bridge was listed in poor condition prior to today's closing.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT Reduces Speed Limits on Several Philadelphia Area Roadways

I obviously would not normally post this because it is related to the current winter storm impacting the northeast.  However, the southern freeway portion of PA 100 is mentioned here as PA 100 Spur for some reason.  The 2000 Chester County PA Type 10 Map before the PA 100 truncation to US 202 refers to it as SR 2023 and not PA 100 Spur.

QuotePennDOT is urging motorists to avoid unnecessary travel but those who must head out will see speeds reduced to 45 mph on the following highways:

Interstates 76, 95, 295, 476, 676;
U.S. Routes 1, 30, 202, 422; and
State Routes 63, 100 Spur and 309.

vdeane

I wouldn't read too much into it.  They have to call it something for the article, and the general public isn't going to know what "SR 2023" even is much less where it is.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

MATraveler128

The general public doesn't know about Pennsylvania's secret state routes anyway.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

jemacedo9

Before the truncation, PA 100 used to exit before the spur started (just south of the US 30 "bypass") as a continuation of Pottstown Pike, head into and through West Chester, then multiplex with PA 52 before breaking off on Creek Road, to eventually join with DE 100.  You can trace it by following SR 3100.

So..it actually was a spur.  It was never signed as a spur.  The exit on US 202 used to read TO PA 100 North / TO US 30 West.  I don't think that stretch has an official name so PA 100 Spur is a fill-in-the-blank.

MATraveler128

Why was PA 100 truncated anyway? I've always found that to be confusing since it no longer connects to the one in Delaware.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

MASTERNC

Quote from: BlueOutback7 on January 07, 2022, 01:09:18 PM
Why was PA 100 truncated anyway? I've always found that to be confusing since it no longer connects to the one in Delaware.

My understanding was to keep trucks off Creek Road because of it's design (narrow, some sharp curves, an old weight restricted bridge).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.