AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Madison Area  (Read 14245 times)

peterj920

• Last Login: Today at 12:39:04 AM
Re: Madison Area
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2021, 07:49:43 PM »

I should also say its funny in retrospect to see what has happened to Fish Hatchery.  Growing up in the 70s and 80s, once you got south of the apartments just off the Beltline, it was a completely rural road.  And until the early 90s, was routed along what is now "Glacier Valley Road."  Where the road runs now south of McKee Road (CTH PD) was a field where the dairy cows on a friend's farm used to graze.

There were no restaurants south of the Beltline either, except for a Bridgeman's, which was located in the current Park Bank building.

If the recently reconstructed Fish Hatchery Rd replaced pavement from the 1990s, it was constructed extremely bad. Concrete shouldn’t fail that terribly over that amount of time.

on_wisconsin

• Last Login: May 23, 2022, 03:09:49 PM
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2021, 08:13:11 PM »

I should also say its funny in retrospect to see what has happened to Fish Hatchery.  Growing up in the 70s and 80s, once you got south of the apartments just off the Beltline, it was a completely rural road.  And until the early 90s, was routed along what is now "Glacier Valley Road."  Where the road runs now south of McKee Road (CTH PD) was a field where the dairy cows on a friend's farm used to graze.

There were no restaurants south of the Beltline either, except for a Bridgeman's, which was located in the current Park Bank building.

If the recently reconstructed Fish Hatchery Rd replaced pavement from the 1990s, it was constructed extremely bad. Concrete shouldn’t fail that terribly over that amount of time.

IIRC, the pavement north of the golf course area dated back to at least circa mid-80's.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:21:22 PM by on_wisconsin »
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

peterj920

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2022, 11:32:42 PM »

US 151/Blair Street getting a much needed reconstruction. Traffic will be a mess with a closure but construction is way overdue since all the joints failed and there’s asphalt patching between each slab.

JoePCool14

• I'm surrounded by IDiOTs.

• Last Login: May 21, 2022, 04:49:10 PM
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »

Does anyone know when the Beltline flex-lane will actually be functional? I drove through Madison yesterday and the signs were still covered up.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
My Travel Mapping stats

JREwing78

• Last Login: May 23, 2022, 07:15:21 PM
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2022, 08:34:49 PM »

Does anyone know when the Beltline flex-lane will actually be functional? I drove through Madison yesterday and the signs were still covered up.

It's supposed to go live sometime this summer.

JoePCool14

• I'm surrounded by IDiOTs.

• Last Login: May 21, 2022, 04:49:10 PM
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2022, 08:13:55 AM »

So that means I would have to make a special trip out just to see it in action. Unfortunate. :-(

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
My Travel Mapping stats

peterj920

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2022, 01:56:45 AM »

So that means I would have to make a special trip out just to see it in action. Unfortunate. :-(

A chip shortage along with the decision to add an auxiliary lane at Todd Drive is delaying the lanes from becoming active.

SSOWorld

• 'Sconsin

• Interstate <Make up your mind!>

• Last Login: May 23, 2022, 10:16:40 PM
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2022, 06:53:47 AM »

A chip shortage along with the decision to add an auxiliary lane at Todd Drive is delaying the lanes from becoming active.
They have an auxiliary lane at Todd Drive.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ssoworld-roads/

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: May 23, 2022, 11:41:20 AM
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »

They have an auxiliary lane at Todd Drive.

They are extending the aux lane that comes on at Verona Road to just past Todd.  It will require expansion of the existing EB bridge over Todd.  Seminole onramp and EB Todd exit are closed all spring.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.