News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Fort Collins to Pagosa Springs

Started by Dakotamade, December 03, 2019, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakotamade

Hi - I'm travelling from Fort Collins to Pagosa Springs,..but can't leave Fort Collins util 3:30 pm.

Suggestions

Stay on interstate through Colorado Springs through Pueblo or go 285 out of Denver?

Night time driving on 28 an issue?

Thanks, in advance

zzcarp

Not to be dramatic, but you'd be insane to attempt I-25 to Pueblo leaving at 3:30. Between Denver rush hour and the construction zone between Castle Rock and Monument, you'd pull your hair out.

How US 285 is will be entirely weather dependent. It can get icy during snow events, and sometimes Kenosha pass/South Park area closes due to drifting snow. That said, it is a pleasant drive and usually has less traffic than 25.

If you do take I-25, take CO-115 south from Colo Springs. That cuts off about 25 miles and is faster than taking I-25 directly to US 50. You can make good time on it and US 50 through the canyon in good weather as well.
So many miles and so many roads

halork

Yeah, leaving at 3:30 sucks, no matter which way you go. Take 25 down to 160, then west. Much better road and you can make good time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.