National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Plattsburgh and Clinton County, NY Roadmeet - Spring 2022

<< < (4/9) > >>

A.J. Bertin:
Thanks for this update!!  I still very much want to attend this meet but I have two thoughts/concerns:

1.  Will lodging in Plattsburgh be expensive and difficult to reserve if SUNY Plattsburgh's commencement ceremonies are that same weekend?
2.  I'm hoping that New York State's quarantine-related restrictions on out-of-state travelers will have been lifted by then.  If the restrictions that are currently in place are still in place at the time of this meet, it would not be feasible for me to attend.

vdeane:

--- Quote from: A.J. Bertin on January 10, 2021, 11:17:36 AM ---2.  I'm hoping that New York State's quarantine-related restrictions on out-of-state travelers will have been lifted by then.  If the restrictions that are currently in place are still in place at the time of this meet, it would not be feasible for me to attend.

--- End quote ---
Speaking of quarantine restrictions, those will affect the dip into Vermont in the tour as well.  I would think the most likely response when things begin to relax would be for Vermont to go back to their county-based system, which would complicate matters for tour participants.  Given that NY won't even begin to start vaccinating people who aren't essential workers or age 75+ until April at the current rate of vaccination, I think it's safe to say that the pandemic will be far from over come spring.

froggie:
I'm of the opinion that meets like this should be postponed until the nation gets a better handle on the virus, vaccination, reopening, and how the incoming Biden administration will impact all three.

cl94:

--- Quote from: froggie on January 10, 2021, 10:35:04 PM ---I'm of the opinion that meets like this should be postponed until the nation gets a better handle on the virus, vaccination, reopening, and how the incoming Biden administration will impact all three.

--- End quote ---

I second this opinion. Especially with the strict quarantine requirements in both New York and Vermont that are likely to continue well into the summer. Everything in Plattsburgh will still be there in the fall or next year, but people might actually be able to attend.

oscar:

--- Quote from: cl94 on January 10, 2021, 11:10:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on January 10, 2021, 10:35:04 PM ---I'm of the opinion that meets like this should be postponed until the nation gets a better handle on the virus, vaccination, reopening, and how the incoming Biden administration will impact all three.

--- End quote ---

I second this opinion. Especially with the strict quarantine requirements in both New York and Vermont that are likely to continue well into the summer. Everything in Plattsburgh will still be there in the fall or next year, but people might actually be able to attend.

--- End quote ---

Waiting until the Canadian border is reopened to non-essential travel (which could take longer than relaxation of NY/VT/rest of USA travel restrictions) might also boost meet attendance, since people could pop across the border while they're in the area. But there could be more than enough turnout even if it's mostly from NY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version