News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Atlantic Beach Mini-Meet (10/2021)

Started by dgolub, September 05, 2021, 06:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When should we have the meet?

10/2 (Raindate: 10/3)
1 (11.1%)
10/9 (Raindate: 10/10)
7 (77.8%)
10/16 (Raindate: 10/17)
3 (33.3%)
10/23 (Raindate: 10/24)
3 (33.3%)
10/30 (Raindate: 10/31)
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

vdeane

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 05, 2021, 07:54:23 PM
Well this would be a way for me to hopefully cover the Wittpenn Bridge if it is open then.
It's scheduled to open October 1, so it looks like this will work out.
https://www.nj.com/news/2021/09/the-taller-wider-new-wittpenn-bridge-is-opening-soon-officials-say.html
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

Quote from: vdeane on September 21, 2021, 12:48:39 PM
Well this would be a way for me to hopefully cover the Wittpenn Bridge if it is open then.
https://www.nj.com/news/2021/09/the-taller-wider-new-wittpenn-bridge-is-opening-soon-officials-say.html

Yes, I saw that on Travel Mapping, and I am fine with walk-clinching NJ 7 if I have to.  Walk clinching has happened a bit for me over the years (south end of MD 25 and MD 45 Bypass (Towson) are examples), and they help me get steps on those days that I otherwise would not have gotten.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

dgolub

dgolub

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 22, 2021, 03:08:17 PM

Yes, I saw that on Travel Mapping, and I am fine with walk-clinching NJ 7 if I have to.  Walk clinching has happened a bit for me over the years (south end of MD 25 and MD 45 Bypass (Towson) are examples), and they help me get steps on those days that I otherwise would not have gotten.

I was there yesterday, and it's not walkable.  The bridge has been completely removed, and you can't cross the river at that point, where by car or on foot.

74/171FAN

I honestly doubt that this will be an issue considering that it is technically a holiday weekend anyway.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

vdeane

Quote from: dgolub on October 03, 2021, 07:57:58 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 22, 2021, 03:08:17 PM

I was there yesterday, and it's not walkable.  The bridge has been completely removed, and you can't cross the river at that point, where by car or on foot.
Darn.  I'll have to find some way of sight clinching the area.  The east side is easy enough to just loop around the parking lot for the Stop & Shop plaza, but the west side is more challenging.  Driving down the open part and turning around would seem obvious, but there really isn't a good place to do so (the industrial area is even posted "do not enter/no U turn").  The best bet would seem to be parking in the neighborhood to the south and walking around, but I'm not sure how odd that would look to the residents (although there seems to be a historic building, so maybe not too much?).

(assuming you're talking about the Kingsland Street/NJ 7 bridge even though it's not mentioned in the quote strings)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

Well it looks like I will be doing a Laura in Cleveland and driving a rental car to this one.  On my way back from Cooperstown last night (clinching PA 191 of course), I hit truck tire debris on I-78 (around Exit 19) that caused some cosmetic damage on the bottom of my car.  Thankfully that seems to be the only issue, but I am certainly not comfortable with driving it into NYC with this even minor issue.

hbelkins

Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 06, 2021, 10:55:48 AM
Well it looks like I will be doing a Laura in Cleveland and driving a rental car to this one.  On my way back from Cooperstown last night (clinching PA 191 of course), I hit truck tire debris on I-78 (around Exit 19) that caused some cosmetic damage on the bottom of my car.  Thankfully that seems to be the only issue, but I am certainly not comfortable with driving it into NYC with this even minor issue.

I hit a deer a couple of years ago that totally messed up the right front plastic panel of my vehicle, but did not impact it mechanically in any way. It didn't stop me from taking a rather lengthy trip to OH, WV, PA, VA, TN, and NC.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

74/171FAN

Quote from: hbelkins on October 06, 2021, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 06, 2021, 10:55:48 AM

I hit a deer a couple of years ago that totally messed up the right front plastic panel of my vehicle, but did not impact it mechanically in any way. It didn't stop me from taking a rather lengthy trip to OH, WV, PA, VA, TN, and NC.

Yeah, it definitely seems fine mechanically.  I was already considering a rental just because of driving significant mileage on NYC streets instead of just freeways (and to save some mileage after my recent Arizona trip).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.