Regional Boards > Central States

KC Freeway History

<< < (3/6) > >>

bugo:

--- Quote from: kernals12 on July 18, 2021, 09:15:35 AM ---I think Kansas City has enough freeways as it is. They already have paved their way out of congestion.

--- End quote ---

Have you ever been to Kansas City? Have you ever driven there? Have you ever lived there? I did live there for 2 years, and more freeways would have made my life much simpler.

US71:

--- Quote from: kernals12 on July 18, 2021, 09:15:35 AM ---I think Kansas City has enough freeways as it is. They already have paved their way out of congestion.

--- End quote ---

Ever driven through "Malfunction Junction" where all the highway seem to meet? It's a pain the arse.

kernals12:

--- Quote from: US71 on July 22, 2021, 10:37:09 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Ever driven through "Malfunction Junction" where all the highway seem to meet? It's a pain the arse.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: bugo on July 22, 2021, 09:30:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Have you ever been to Kansas City? Have you ever driven there? Have you ever lived there? I did live there for 2 years, and more freeways would have made my life much simpler.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 21, 2021, 12:44:13 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Not really, chief...

--- End quote ---

Kansas City is literally the least congested city in the world.

sprjus4:
^ You’ve never driven there, and it shows.

triplemultiplex:
Least congested =/= never congested.
Read the link, man.

--- Quote ---
All but one of the 10 least congested large cities in the Tom Tom report are in the United States. The least congested is Kansas City, with a peak period index of 19.5, indicating that a 30 minute trip in free flow is likely to take 36 minutes due to congestion. Kansas City has one of the most comprehensive freeway systems in the United States and has a highly dispersed employment base. US cities also occupy the second through the sixth least congested positions (Cleveland, Indianapolis, Memphis, Louisville and St. Louis). Spain's Valencia is the seventh least congested city, while the eighth through 10th positions are taken by Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Detroit.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version