Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1181/1209) > >>

AvDave829:
I hope it helps out but it truly needs to be a limited access highway like north of 66.

bluecountry:

--- Quote from: AvDave829 on September 19, 2021, 08:09:35 PM ---I hope it helps out but it truly needs to be a limited access highway like north of 66.

--- End quote ---
No it doesnít and thatís impractical and unreasonable.

AvDave829:

--- Quote from: bluecountry on September 22, 2021, 10:51:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: AvDave829 on September 19, 2021, 08:09:35 PM ---I hope it helps out but it truly needs to be a limited access highway like north of 66.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You would be incorrect. With the amount of volume that that stretch carries and the constant congestion it would make sense. It would be impossible to do it in the current path but it would be nice to have it done one day

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: AvDave829 on September 23, 2021, 01:40:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: bluecountry on September 22, 2021, 10:51:43 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You would be incorrect. With the amount of volume that that stretch carries and the constant congestion it would make sense. It would be impossible to do it in the current path but it would be nice to have it done one day

--- End quote ---

Only if it's numbered I-366 with an 85 mph speed limit.

plain:
Update to what was discussed upthread, Hampton approved the temporary ramp closures near the HRBT. After another hurtle, this could come into operation next year.

https://www.wtkr.com/news/hampton-city-council-approves-temporary-closures-of-eastbound-ramps-near-hampton-roads-bridge-tunnel

My mother lives in the Phoebus neighborhood and I often see the gridlock there when I visit, but I still don't like this idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version