Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1192/1222) > >>

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: cpzilliacus on October 15, 2021, 07:04:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 on October 15, 2021, 12:27:29 AM ---The new reversible lanes south of Woodbridge should have been at least designed to accommodate a second carriageway in the opposite direction, but it does not appear that was done.

--- End quote ---

The worst congestion is north of Woodbridge, especially for southbound traffic.

Adding none-reversible lanes would likely make the bottleneck conditions worse, not better.

--- End quote ---
Not saying build it out, necessarily, but at least have the grading and right of way acquired for a second carriageway in the future.

That way, if ever in the future, the reversible lanes are twinned heading north of Woodbridge, ig could continue south as well.

cpzilliacus:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on October 15, 2021, 07:17:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 on October 15, 2021, 12:27:29 AM ---The new reversible lanes south of Woodbridge should have been at least designed to accommodate a second carriageway in the opposite direction, but it does not appear that was done.

--- End quote ---

Adding none-reversible lanes would likely make the bottleneck conditions worse, not better.

--- End quote ---
Not saying build it out, necessarily, but at least have the grading and right of way acquired for a second carriageway in the future.

That way, if ever in the future, the reversible lanes are twinned heading north of Woodbridge, ig could continue south as well.

--- End quote ---

I believe that would need to take homes on one or both sides of I-95 between VA-294 and VA-123.  Where would the transition be from reversible lanes to non-reversible be?

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: cpzilliacus on October 15, 2021, 12:37:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 on October 15, 2021, 07:17:15 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I believe that would need to take homes on one or both sides of I-95 between VA-294 and VA-123.  Where would the transition be from reversible lanes to non-reversible be?

--- End quote ---
To be effective, it would need to stretch from I-495 heading southwards and tie directly into the Fredericksburg C/D lanes, similar to how the reversible is being constructed, but obviously in both directions.

You could build a viaduct in the most urban areas to reduce right of way impact.

74/171FAN:
Governor Northam Announces New I-95 Bridge Opens in Fredericksburg

Surprisingly, I did not see this posted...

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 19, 2021, 02:22:02 PM ---Governor Northam Announces New I-95 Bridge Opens in Fredericksburg

Surprisingly, I did not see this posted...

--- End quote ---

Reply #5924 of this thread...

On Saturday, the new SB mainline lanes were backed way up, at least 2 miles from what I presume was the temporary lane drop.  I'll be driving through the very north end of the new setup (local lanes) today for the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version