Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Virginia

<< < (1245/1276) > >>

1995hoo:
Donít forget VRE doesnít run on Sunday. Itís a peak-direction weekday-only service. Of course that could change someday, but donít hold your breath, and it wouldnít much help anyone not located near the Fredericksburg Line (the one that serves Woodbridge) because of how the system is configured.

plain:

--- Quote from: plain on April 27, 2022, 11:39:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on April 22, 2022, 02:38:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 04, 2022, 08:31:49 AM ---There was a public meeting last night about Chesterfield's Upper Magnolia Green development - which includes the Powhite Parkway extension to US 360 in Skinquarter - and there was substantial community opposition. I'm skeptical the extension will ever get built...which is about how I normally feel anyway.

--- End quote ---

The Chesterfield County Planning Commission voted 3-2 to approve the Upper Magnolia Green plan, which now heads to the Board of Supervisors for a full vote. There continues to be heavy community opposition to the plan and it probably will not pass - if it doesn't, the Powhite Parkway extension is dead.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the Extension would truly be dead because of that, but it would be incredibly foolish to not build it in any case. The road has been needed for a while now, and the longer VDOT/county officials sit on the issue the worst it will be for that part of the county. There's more development in the pipeline just for US 360 alone, which is going to make it and the interchange with VA 288 even worse than it is now. The commuters need a bypass of that area in the worst way.

--- End quote ---

UPDATE: Despite heavy opposition, the Chesterfield County Board Of Supervisors have approved the rezoning needed for the Upper Magnolia Green development.

With this there is now a good chance we will see the extension of the Powhite Parkway sooner than later.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/05/27/chesterfield-supervisors-approve-zoning-for-upper-magnolia-green-tech-park/

WillWeaverRVA:

--- Quote from: plain on May 27, 2022, 08:39:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: plain on April 27, 2022, 11:39:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on April 22, 2022, 02:38:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 04, 2022, 08:31:49 AM ---There was a public meeting last night about Chesterfield's Upper Magnolia Green development - which includes the Powhite Parkway extension to US 360 in Skinquarter - and there was substantial community opposition. I'm skeptical the extension will ever get built...which is about how I normally feel anyway.

--- End quote ---

The Chesterfield County Planning Commission voted 3-2 to approve the Upper Magnolia Green plan, which now heads to the Board of Supervisors for a full vote. There continues to be heavy community opposition to the plan and it probably will not pass - if it doesn't, the Powhite Parkway extension is dead.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the Extension would truly be dead because of that, but it would be incredibly foolish to not build it in any case. The road has been needed for a while now, and the longer VDOT/county officials sit on the issue the worst it will be for that part of the county. There's more development in the pipeline just for US 360 alone, which is going to make it and the interchange with VA 288 even worse than it is now. The commuters need a bypass of that area in the worst way.

--- End quote ---

UPDATE: Despite heavy opposition, the Chesterfield County Board Of Supervisors have approved the rezoning needed for the Upper Magnolia Green development.

With this there is now a good chance we will see the extension of the Powhite Parkway sooner than later.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/05/27/chesterfield-supervisors-approve-zoning-for-upper-magnolia-green-tech-park/

--- End quote ---

I was just coming here to post this. Hopefully if the extension gets built, and the Bailey Bridge Road connector extending south from Commonwealth Centre Parkway also gets built, that region will see some traffic relief.

Takumi:
Great news. Hull Street is a mess all the way from Chippenham to at least Hampton Park, except for the little lull around Pocoshock/Amberleigh. This should help a lot.

Mapmikey:
US 11 southbound overlay with I-81 near Buchanan has been changed to leave I-81 at Exit 169 instead of Exit 168, whose off-ramp has been removed. US 11 south follows the frontage road from Exit 169.

US 11 northbound is unchanged and still enters at the Exit 168 location.

VDOT has studied building a roadway as the NB frontage road to eliminate the on-ramp at Exit 168 but I donít know if that is coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version