Regional Boards > Mid-South

General Houston-area projects thread

(1/8) > >>

CoreySamson:
Figured that since Austin and DFW already have general threads for their freeways, Houston should probably have one.

Post here gossip, photos, project news, and really anything relating to Houston's roads.

I'll start off the discussion with a question; how is the reconstruction of the bridges on US 290 going (or has it already finished)? I remember going through that part of town late 2017 and there was construction all over the place on 290.

thisdj78:
290 is pretty much finished now.

The next proposed projects (outside of what has its own major discussion threads already) would be:

Fort Bend Tollway extension to 610
SH35 Freeway from Houston to Alvin
Southeast Grand Parkway segments

In progress:

Northeast Grand Parkway segments
Tomball/Aggie Expressway extension
Westpark Tollway extension

Hereís a good read on proposed Houston projects:

https://www.h-gac.com/getmedia/aede9fcd-17a0-480d-b0fd-a36c0065dbd7/2040-RTP-exec-summary-april-2016.pdf

Chris:

--- Quote from: thisdj78 on June 14, 2021, 11:23:18 PM ---290 is pretty much finished now.
--- End quote ---

Is the Hempstead Tollway still on the radar, or has that project faded away after the ban on new toll roads?

I believe it was originally planned to be built simultaneously with US 290, to be a system of express lanes on a parallel alignment instead of in the median.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: Chris on June 15, 2021, 04:31:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: thisdj78 on June 14, 2021, 11:23:18 PM ---290 is pretty much finished now.
--- End quote ---

Is the Hempstead Tollway still on the radar, or has that project faded away after the ban on new toll roads?

I believe it was originally planned to be built simultaneously with US 290, to be a system of express lanes on a parallel alignment instead of in the median.

--- End quote ---

I believe itís dead now. They rebuilt 290 with a separated reversible HOV/Bus lane in the middle and a high occupancy lane going each direction as part of the main lanes.

MaxConcrete:

--- Quote from: thisdj78 on June 15, 2021, 09:47:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chris on June 15, 2021, 04:31:48 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I believe itís dead now. They rebuilt 290 with a separated reversible HOV/Bus lane in the middle and a high occupancy lane going each direction as part of the main lanes.

--- End quote ---

The Hempstead Tollway is most likely dead, and TxDOT is trying to replace it with 2x2 toll-free managed lanes along the same alignment. The managed lanes are proposed to be elevated inside BW8 to reduce right-of-way requirements. TxDOT is asking H-GAC to modify the long-term plan to include the elevated managed lanes, but as of tomorrow's meeting H-GAC is not including the change. H-GAC is also rejecting TxDOT's request for managed lanes on the West Loop and on the inner Katy Freeway.
https://www.h-gac.com/media/hgac/transportation-advisory-committee/meeting-agendas/documents/2021/june/ITEM-07.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version