Left lane blockers becoming standard on our highways

Started by Crash_It, June 27, 2021, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

He'd be blown away to see a 70 mph speed limit on an urban freeway.

GaryV

But if he blasts his horn like that at some Detroiters, he's liable to end up with bullet holes in his car.

Flint1979

I bet cra_shit's insurance is through the roof.

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on July 25, 2021, 07:20:34 PM

Why?  The only ticket I know of is one that was dropped.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

Quote from: kphoger on July 27, 2021, 10:11:10 AM

That's the only known one. How can you be sure that he doesn't have a stack of them with the way he drives? He seems very inconsiderate and for no reason at all other than to try to correct people on the road.

renegade

Quote from: Flint1979 on July 27, 2021, 07:32:57 PM

That's the only known one. How can you be sure that he doesn't have a stack of them with the way he drives? He seems very inconsiderate and for no reason at all other than to try to correct people on the road.
Cra_shIt would definitely meet up with my middle finger if he rolled up on me with his horn blaring.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Max Rockatansky

It's just not normal to have so much on the road conflict.  Given the OP has been caught lying/spin doctoring the truth numerous times I wouldn't put it past him to omit inconvenient information about legal troubles that don't fit the narrative. 

Flint1979

Quote from: renegade on July 27, 2021, 10:59:19 PM

Cra_shIt would definitely meet up with my middle finger if he rolled up on me with his horn blaring.
Same here

Flint1979

Conflicts do happen and you move on. There are a few times I'd love to put someone in their place but in reality it's just not worth it.

All these urban freeways in the Detroit area with a 55 mph speed limit, good luck getting anyone to go 55 the normal speed is probably 70 at the lowest and 80-85 at the highest. The Chrysler, Fisher, Ford, Lodge and Southfield all have 55 mph limits on some stretches and no one obeys the speed limit. When there's a lot of traffic on the Southfield you can't even get going more than about 60.

sprjus4

^ At least the vast majority of urban freeways there are posted at a more reasonable 70 mph, unlike a lot of places, including Chicago.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: sprjus4 on July 28, 2021, 01:29:03 AM
^ At least the vast majority of urban freeways there are posted at a more reasonable 70 mph, unlike a lot of places, including Chicago.

it's hard to envision a normal commute hour scenario in Chicago where speeds line 70 MPH would be even be possible near downtown with the levels of congestion.  Detroit basically is a racetrack for the most part heading towards downtown.

GaryV

I've always said that Detroit had traffic jams, we just didn't slow down for them.  Bumper to bumper at 70 mph.

Flint1979

The areas that are posted at 55 though are congested areas where there are a lot of on and off ramps.

Flint1979

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 28, 2021, 07:39:44 AM

it's hard to envision a normal commute hour scenario in Chicago where speeds line 70 MPH would be even be possible near downtown with the levels of congestion.  Detroit basically is a racetrack for the most part heading towards downtown.
In Chicago the speed limit drops to 45 mph in that stretch where there are several on and off ramps and I don't think you can get up to 45 in most cases because of the traffic.

kphoger

The only laws I've seen him breaking in his videos are minor ones–the sort that police officers generally don't ticket for.  And actually, I imagine that a lack of traffic tickets is part of what makes him think he's a good driver.  He's probably conflating "don't get tickets" with "am a good driver", just as he conflates "know and obey traffic laws" with "am a good driver".  The biggest thing he needs to learn is that traffic laws are only one piece of being a good driver, and it doesn't make up for the lack in other areas.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

sprjus4

The speed limits outside the core downtown areas should be 65 mph or 70 mph. It doesn't matter if the speed is achievable or not during peak hours. How about all other hours of the day? 55 mph is a purely an artificial suggestion on a wide open highway, even with a heavy flow still at speed.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: sprjus4 on July 28, 2021, 10:18:37 AM

The speed limits outside the core downtown areas should be 65 mph or 70 mph. It doesn't matter if the speed is achievable or not during peak hours. How about all other hours of the day? 55 mph is a purely an artificial suggestion on a wide open highway, even with a heavy flow still at speed.

I don't disagree, the Skyway in particular could easily handle 70 MPH traffic. 

hbelkins

One of these days, especially in the Chicago area, he's going to lay on the horn and meet up with someone who takes The Offspring's "Bad Habit" as some sort of personal inspirational anthem.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dlsterner

Quote from: hbelkins on July 28, 2021, 10:50:48 AM
One of these days, especially in the Chicago area, he's going to lay on the horn and meet up with someone who takes The Offspring's "Bad Habit" as some sort of personal inspirational anthem.
Agreed, if he picks the wrong person to blare his horn at, Cra_shit may very well become Cra_shot.  (I wouldn't wish that on anybody, mind you)

kphoger

Quote from: dlsterner on July 28, 2021, 02:43:48 PM

Quote from: hbelkins on July 28, 2021, 10:50:48 AM

Agreed, if he picks the wrong person to blare his horn at, Cra_shit may very well become Cra_shot.  (I wouldn't wish that on anybody, mind you)

I know it's Los Angeles, but...

Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.